Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New sounds for the boat?

Electrical tech discussion - Custom stereo installations, gauges, wiring, GPS, etc...

Topic Author
RedDemon
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

New sounds for the boat?

Ready to install a new marine stereo and not sure which one to get. Any thought's on the good ,bad ,or the ugly when buying one? Ease of installation, sound,ect VS price?

hydrohellion
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: New sounds for the boat?

I have always had good luck with clarion marine products. they have some nice stuff and are capable of adding remote interfaces and anything else you want to add. I would stay away from sony, had some sony marine stuff and was really not impressed. Clarion is pricey but the sound quality is great, sony is cheap and loud but the sound quality is not great.

I usually use competition car stuff that is a few years old, you can pick them up cheap, put it somewhere it doesn't get that wet and take it out in the winter, usually hods up just fine. Had a deck blow after 3 yrs from rust but I could buy 3 or 4 amazing car audio decks for about what a low to mid end marine deck is worth. Never had an amp go yet, I mount them up in the bow. The marine speakers are worth the money but all the best car audio stuff is aluminum and poly now so not a big issue if you get good equipment.

just my $.02 hope it helps

ConFuseee
Regular
Regular

i wouldn't cut into the dash for it O.o if you are putting it into a hydrostream
1976 Viper Bicentenial
Currently Restoring..

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Where and how would you suggest mounting it? Hanging under the dash?

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Andyhydro wrote:Where and how would you suggest mounting it? Hanging under the dash?
That's what I would do.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

redneckcustoms13
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

mine is cut into the dash, if i were to do it again. i would still cut into the dash. its too simple to fill the hole back in if you decide to go a different route later and not have a stereo. just my $.02
78 vector, 2.4 200, 2-1 lower unit with bobs nose cone.

Andrew Vision
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

So I just bought a CE vision and after reading the thread it looks like Clarion is the way to go....is there any vision owners who can let me know where to mount all of the marine amps and speakers?

beavertonae-21
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

On my Ae-21 I have the Clarion 640watt amp mounted up under the nose on the passenger bulkhead. the front speakers(6 by 9) are mounted in boxes bolted to the rear side of the dash side bulkhead and the rear speakers(6.5" round co ax) mounted on fabricated side plates mounted to the sides infront of the rear seat. You have to get a little creative, but the sound is great. I also mounted an on board battery maintainer that can be plugged in over night as used on the bass boats .

Steve

Andrew Vision
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thats awesome! Thanks for the advice. Is there a model you would suggest that lasts a while and isn't too expensive? Perhaps with an ipod jack?

beavertonae-21
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

the M309 Clarion can be bought for a few hundred bucks on ebay, great deals on Clarion stuff, bought my second set of speakers there, half the price of buying local and new in the box, I would also consider one of the small seadoo/ motorcycle amp units with built in ipod interface, or mount the deck remotely and have a remote unit on the dash or a wireless remote .Mine is in the dash with a slide down smoke cover, looks good I think.

Steve

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post