Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Nose cone ?

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
Stellix
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Nose cone ?

I'm getting close to finishing up my Vector. I have been thinking about how I'm going to set it up, I have a Mercury XRI 150 and a 3" slide master jack plate. I was wondering if I need a nose cone with low water pickup or not. I have the stock lower unit now and I found a good deal on a small diameter case lower with a Bobs cone with low water pick up. I've heard the a cone can sometimes slow a boat down if under 80mph. Can I run my prop shaft level with the pad without low water pickup?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Re: Nose cone ?

absolutely not without a low water pickup cone.. put that cone on it, and an et prop, or even a chopper should work good with the 3 inch jack plate. if you have no windshield a cleaver would be better most likely. bolt on the low water pickup case and set the propshaft a little above the pad when the shaft is parallel with the rear of the pad.. a 28 pitch would work good on that

Topic Author
Stellix
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks. I went ahead with the nose cone and low water pickup and I'm running a 27 SRX prop. It's all I can handle right now until I get a little more seat time

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

That's a perfect option for you, and it should get you close to 80 with a good setup and if the motor is healthy

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post