Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

vector prop help

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
81vector
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

vector prop help

I have a 81vector 2.4 225 it has lwp with a bobs convertible jack plate set at 2.5 offset running 1/2 below the pad the boat is set up with center steer dual nfb steering with turn singal trim and a hot foot I would like to know what y'all think would be a good all around prop and what would be a good drag racing prop for a 1000ft I was considering a 22 or 24 yamaha drag for when I want to run the 1000ft but before spending the money for a yamaha drag I would like to hear some opinions on what y'all think would be my best bet

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
81 vector 2.4 225

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: vector prop help

I have a25p on my Valero and it is not enough I well be going to a 27p . Im starting with a 25p on my Vector it has fresh 200evnrd I dont think the 25 well be enough and well probly be looking for a26-27 for it well spring is comming and well see then . Chet can proly steer you in the right derection.

Sonik
Regular
Regular

I ran my first 1000ft event this year and tried out a borrowed virgin 24P Yamaha drag. Depending on how hard you want to twist that motor I'd think you'd be in the 24-26P range after its all said and done. My best of 3 passes was a 71.6 @ 7100rpm w/ the 24 Yammy. I normally don't turn my motor that hard but I was determined to get one good run that day. :mrgreen:

Your boat is a little heavier than mine but I'm running a full original interior and a 2.0 liter XR2 which is heavier than the 2.4...so I'm betting the two are pretty close in weight. I too am running a Bobs convertible @ 2.5" setback...and right at even with the pad. Assuming you are running a 1.78 (XR6 Case) or 1.87 gear, the 24-26 is where you want to be I'd think.....but never refuse an offer to try out different props! :up:

Jeff

1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Jeff has it right, try as many props as you can get your hands on because there isn't a magic prop that does everything well.

I have only run 1/4 mile with my viper and love the 26 yamaha so if I were to run 1000 feet a 24 is where I would go first but don't forget about the et or a cut chopper either. If you can find good used props you can usually try them and resell if they don't work out for you, I myself have a hard time selling props for some reason and have accumulated quite a few in the last couple years.

For a good all around prop I'm still looking. I like the acceleration and hole shot of the 27srx but I like the cruising speed and top end of the 30 steve smith offshore cut. This summer I will be looking for a 29srx just to try it out.

Good luck on your quest.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
81vector
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks for the info guys I will be trying a few different props here pretty soon and hopefully I will find one I like I will let y'all know how it goes as far as my setup goes does it sound pretty close to where it needs to be or do I need to change anything

81 vector 2.4 225

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Try a 28 Chopper for your "everyday" prop, should put you at about 90 mph. Most Vector guys like more setback, probably 6-8 inches, propshaft a little above the pad.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
81vector
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Well I have a 26 big ear chopper that is spun I need to get fixed I haven't had a chance to run it on the boat yet due to it being spun maybe it can be my ridding around prop and I also have a 31 hoss that I have only ran a few times that I think will be a good top end prop

81 vector 2.4 225

Topic Author
81vector
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

When I send the 26 chopper off and get it fixed I am going to have the weed cuters taken off and I am up to having any other mods done to it if y'all have any ideas let me know

81 vector 2.4 225

Topic Author
81vector
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Well ran a 22 yamaha and I think it is to small only made a couple of passes and turned close to 8000k with hardly any trim got a buddy with a 24 going to run it next and I will let y'all know how it does the 22 scared me to many rpms didn't want to end my season before it got started may try the 22 a few more times and keep a real close eye on the tac I also have a 31 hoss that I only ran a few times last yr before I found a crack on it ready to get out there and see what kind of top end speeds I can get I got the 31 from a guy that was getting out of his vector could run it up to 94mph he says with a 2.4 200 merc so I sould be able to at least get that with my 2.4 225

81 vector 2.4 225

Topic Author
81vector
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Well ran a 24yamaha yesterday and I feel better about running it I only turned it 7800rpm and was around 78mph well that was my first gps run and then it decided to stop working

81 vector 2.4 225

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post