Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

High Five?

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
pnorton
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

High Five?

Hey everybody,
As I have mentioned in some of my other posts I am an avid skier along with being a J craft enthusiast.
(yes yes I know, I need one of those hydrostreams to complete my collection) but being only 19 I consider myself lucky to have my 19 ft J. One day ill have something as mental as Joey Evans (S P E E D) "Hydro-Scream" if any of you are ever in the Ottawa area be sure to look him up and take a look, rather go deaf, at the beast.

Anyways, from my other posts you can see that I have finally gotten a new motor for my boat and am in the process (this week!) of putting it on the J and getting it out to the water this weekend!

I just wanted to hear some personal opinions about the Mercury High 5 Prop. Yes I know Its one of mercury's best hole shot props, but bumping up from a 19 or 21 3 blade to a 23 5 blade is it going to be okay?

There is a used one in ottawa on Kijij that looks to be in great condition and is listed at 350 right now. What price is it really worth if it is used?

Link for prop: http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-parts-trailers-accessories-Mercury-High-Five-Propeller-23P-W0QQAdIdZ291262304

Looking forward to the comments

Thanks

Patrick

Image Image

S P E E D
Regular
Regular

Re: High Five?

I always knew there was something wrong with me...forget booking the appointment with the looney bin! You just gave me an official diagnosis! lol Clinically mental!

I think you should invest in two props man. The High five for skiing and then a Laser II or something with bow lift. J's dont like choppers I know that much. After talking to Chris Spaeth of Hydrostream/J-Craft he was saying the Laser II works pretty good on 19 J's. Buddy of mine has a 150 Black Max with a 23 Laser II on a Valero and it goes real good. Gets out of the hole decently and has some decent top end aswell.

I say get a baseline with the stock prop and then figure where you want to go from there. Oh yeah and Get a Jackplate :up: :boating:
1993 Hydrostream Vision aka Project "HydroSCREAM" SOLD
1979 J-Craft Pro Ski SOLD

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Re: High Five?

I've got a buddy on my lake who runs a J Craft with a high five. He works for a camp and the camp's Jcraft has a 175 Mariner with a high five prop for pulling the big kids out lol. I believe it is the same pitch you are looking at. No jack tho:( scares the crap out of the kids lol.)
He swears by it. I tend to take his word as he does about 30 pulls a day.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post