Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Viper set back

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: Viper set back

Sweet looking Stream and love the Nova :up:
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

yep have to agree sweet looking Stream the Chevy looks pretty tight to I m working on a 71 gmc sprint right now just a dailey driver though no merlin motors just stock freshly rebuilt 350 and some new patch panels . Dont feel bad are 14yr old cant leave his xbox 360 :roll: alone he went on the river 1 time last year .

Topic Author
rev.ronnie
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

My jack plate came today from Vance Mfg. I hope I can say that on here without being flagged like some other sites. :) anyway, it looks great. It is the 3" model and adjusts from the top. That said, there is 3 bolts and nuts on each side to loosen before adjusting. I can see that getting inside with a wrench to hold the nuts is gonna be a but of an inconvenience if you change height often. I think I may come up with something to hold them that is perminant. The washers it is all held together with are a little thinner that I like, so I'm going to replace them with much thicker ones. The plate is very well built and looks strong. It's probably not quite as beefy as say, a CMC plate though. The adjusting screw does not push the plate down either, it is a gravity drop set up. I may put a collar on the lead screw to remedy that.

I will say, it is light as heck..really trimmed down where possible. The price was right too. $200 to my door. I'll post more pics as I proceed. Hopefully I will be hanging a motor this weekend.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
1990 HST / 260 EFI offshore
1991 Vaserette YT bowrider 200 Merc
1987 Venus XT/ 200 Yamaha
1983 Viper II 90 Merc. triple

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

yes very good price.................... :up:

Topic Author
rev.ronnie
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Well just got back from the marina..and no good news on the 6 cylinder. It seems the bolt pattern is too narrow for the jack plate..and worse yet, because the trim cylinders are outboard the transom mount, they don't fit either. The only way to make it work is to put it right on the transom and drill holes. I'm not gonna do it.

I needed up buying a 1991 80 HP oil injected Mercury. It is a three cylinder with the internal power trim and oil tank on the motor. The rigging will be a lot easier. It is in great, clean condition, except it has low compression an one hole. It seems that an oil line broke. I am going to pull the powerhead and dig into it, maybe even this weekend. I figure while it is apart, I will just bore all three and do the whole thing right. I may even tickle up the porting a little..and of course, since its apart, I'm going to balance it as well. This should be a nice economical little motor, and oil injection is nice too.

I'm a little buried with customer machine work right now so we'll see how far I get this week.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
1990 HST / 260 EFI offshore
1991 Vaserette YT bowrider 200 Merc
1987 Venus XT/ 200 Yamaha
1983 Viper II 90 Merc. triple

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post