Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

V-King jackplate

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
Cherwool89
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

V-King jackplate

Hi there,

I am a new V-King owner...my boat came with a Land & Sea jackplate and the previous owner informed me that it had been set too high for winter storage. Is there a general guideline of how high to setup your jackplate with this boat?

The motor for the jackplate is broken and so I only have one chance to set it at a good height manually until this gets fixed - I need to get it right so I can run it this weekend!

JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: V-King jackplate

put it 2 inches below the pad to be safe, and then you can carry weight in the boat, and run pretty fast, too.

Topic Author
Cherwool89
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks for your response JETMORE - which part of the engine am I measuring to be 2 inches below the pad, nose cone? skeg?

JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

you will be very safe if you run the top of the prop shaft two inches below the pad. make sure you take the measurement with the shaft running parallel to the pad by using a straight edge from a foot up the pad and toward the motor. make sense? play with the trim till you get it parallel. if you are not going to have any passengers in the boat, you can go 1 1/2 inches below pad. do yourself a favor, and plug the top hole or two on the water inlets. this way you will suck water better and less air. scratch up the inlet holes to get to bare metal, and put a simple thing like marine tex or jb weld in it. harden and sand. if you want to go higher, get a wp gauge.

Topic Author
Cherwool89
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Sounds good, and yes I understood everything except what do you mean by top of prop shaft?

On a side note, the boat is already equipped with a wp gauge.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post