Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

mercury oil pump removal

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

mercury oil pump removal

Hippie feel free to move this if you want,

I thought I would post how to remove the oil pump and install a block off plate.

First thing to do is fill your fuel tank and add oil, doing this ensures you will have oil in the event you get distracted.
Next I removed the oil tank from the boat. The oil pump will come off so that line can stay off but you will need to plug the fitting on the STBD side of the block if not it will suck air and run lean enough to burn the cyl down. I didn't take pictures of that.
Next remove the onboard oil tank and cap.
Next is the oil pump sensor at this point remove the philips ground screw you will be removing all the grounds under it. Image
As long as your at it might as well remove the oil pump modual shown here.
You will need to remove the green wire from the outer powre pack.
At this time you can take the oil pump arm off the carb linkage and pull the pump, plasitc adapter piece and metal pick up as well as the shaft.
This is the block off plug,I will get the part # But there are 2 a short one and a long one use the long one it holds a bushing in place.
The flat part goes twords the crankshaft. They are 8-32 x1/4 screws or bolts that hold the plate in. They are available at a hardware stoor.
This is it all off.
If I forgot something feel free to add to this, it was a while ago I did it.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post