Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Teleflex dual adjustment??

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
steve3340
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Teleflex dual adjustment??

Well installed new dual cable system and was hoping to go for a run today but we had a ton of rain And river is to high. So as I'm going over and tinkering with a few things I noticed there is some play in the steering, not the backlash of the gears but a bit of play once you real the backlash catch before motor moves seems to be play in cables. Is there a way to take this out? I'm sure anything will be better than last yrwith the single rack. Lol I also put themotor back on transom 2 1/2" up (no lwp nose cone) with a 24 pitch chopper that I picked up dirt cheep! Don't this.k the guy knew what he had looks and feels like it was cupped also. Out of $ this yr to do anything else and not sure what I use boat or needs lwp not looking for crazy all out speed just a mild hot to with little to play with or go wrong.past experience with other toys is more gadgets more to play with more to go wrong. Lol look cool but always seems to just give me headaches. Anyway back to steering any input would be great.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

CVX20
The new guy
The new guy

Re: Teleflex dual adjustment??

I was told that you adjust the 2 cables so that they're kinda working against each other.Not the greatest explanation,but you adjust one one way and the other one the other way(at the motor) until there is no play.Hope this helps.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post