Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New to hydrostreams

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: New to hydrostreams

I like less, but some guys get good results with up to 5". I like the Bob's convertible plate with 2 1/2" setback.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

transomstand wrote:I like less, but some guys get good results with up to 5". I like the Bob's convertible plate with 2 1/2" setback.
Thats a manual jackplate correct? How would coming up on plane be with that, since with the hydraulic i was able to put the motor down to plane the boat out Im afraid it would be difficult to get the boat to go on plane.

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Depends on the prop and how much load you're carrying. Hydraulic plates are heavy, getting weight off the back will help the boat plus manual plates are stiffer which helps high speed handling.
transomstand

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

transomstand wrote:Depends on the prop and how much load you're carrying. Hydraulic plates are heavy, getting weight off the back will help the boat plus manual plates are stiffer which helps high speed handling.
Oh i see, well thank you for the input i just looked into it and they are much cheaper than the hydraulic plates I was looking at so I think I'm just going to get one and give it a try. if i don't like it at least its not like I spent 1K on a hydraulic plate and don't like it. Thank you for the advice :up:

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

transomstand wrote:Depends on the prop and how much load you're carrying. Hydraulic plates are heavy, getting weight off the back will help the boat plus manual plates are stiffer which helps high speed handling.
Oh also I forgot to ask, It says it has a 6 degree wedge, would that be beneficial to run with the wedge or would it be better to run without?

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Might as well set it up with the extra wedge in case you need to tuck it under more.
transomstand

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post