Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

hydro vector 77 bad chine walk

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

hydro vector 77 bad chine walk

i got a bad bad chine walk iam running a 24 chopper which iam bout to take off the boat was torqing to the passenger side bad at low trim then when planned out it would straighten out when i trimmed up but if you would look of your left shoulder while driving and trimmed up you could see the the water was shooting out to the right of the boat or off the drivvers side so i lowered the right side of the motor down on the jack plate if you are looking from the back i mad it off center to left by around a 1inch and a 1/2 now it doesnt torque as bad but when i set it on the pad i cant hold on to it...it chine walks bad more ppl it does less the motor ran 119 on a 21 foot allison xb2002 center steer but i can get this boat to hold the pad to get top speed and i am only running single steering cable iam gona try putting motor back to level and try a 4 blade 24 pitch prob and see and suggestions and help would be greatly thanked
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: hydro vector 77 bad chine walk

Welcome to the board.

If I read that right you are moving the motor offset from center on the transom. If you are that is why it handles like crap. If you are running a prop surfaced the blades will throw water to the side.

I'm assuming the motor already has solid mounts what is your steering setup, single dual or hyd?

What is your centerline if your propshaft in relation to the bottom of the pad?

119 on a xb must be a heck of a motor.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

well when it was blowing out the side i dropped the motor on the jackplate to see if thats what was causing it then i lookied at my chopper it was pretty much chopped up lol so i got a 24 4blade trophy the only thing i got in the shop rite this moment to try that and iam gona straiten my motor back up and see what it does then it got the half moon pad on it and iam currently running a single steering non hydr really hard to steer the motor was built by jacos marine in lawerenceburg tennessee they hold 23 world speed records for allison boats i just got the motor from the allison 200 balenced and blue printed to a 265 efi 99 merc iam just getting to boat in the past few years still learning iam big nolegable on dirtbikes and atvs so all help we be greatly aprecited

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

iam running my motor center of prop even to a inch above the pad any suggestions on that were it needs to be side to side up or down iam going to measue my set back on my jackplate and well go from there thanks again

2006 vking center steer

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Welcome to the forum, Mercman :D

I wanna say that, in general. these boats are all about balance. And in order to balance it on the pad you are gonna need solid mounts and tight steering. Single cable just won't get it...too much slack. Once you get your steering fixed, with some seat time, you'll easily drive it on the pad. Then you can tweak your set up :up:

Balance

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UG61hdwxjg&feature=related[/youtube]

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

And don't drive like Ronnie :roll:
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

thanks for the video and ronnie good driving like i said iam just geting in the seat and learning the tricks of the trade iam working on geting a dual steering and what kind or kinds of props do i need to try for the beginng till i am stable for the high speeds my motor is alot of potenial and will turn it over a 100 easy just need some seat time as you said my transom is supported with 1/2 aluiminum plate in side and out my setback is 6 an 1/4 inch of the back side of transom to the motor mount of back of jack plate running center of prop bottom of pad is that close to were it needs to bee thanks for the help iam loving this new website great ppl

2006 vking center steer

shellyisland
Regular
Regular

Be careful, have an '87 Valero tunnel hull that chine walked...scary. Great advice from the guys on here...I would also add, try raising the engine a bit.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

i will try raising the engine a bit got to looking at my steering got a lot of play and not to worried about it this year

going to do a recore with center steer this year i believe i think iam going to get started on that soon as well while everyones got it fresh on there mind as i have never done it and everyone can chine in lol

i do have a suggestion for a core that would be stronger than any never to rot and would be fairly light going to make a drawing for a better picture it will be complex though i believe if done rite would be great for 100 plus hs thanks again hydrostreamers

steven

2006 vking center steer

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post