Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

prop and steering

Have questions about setting up your boat? Engine height, setback, prop, etc.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

prop and steering

ok we talked about this alittle in my other post so i dont want a nfb system the hydrolic is it good for the control and fill of the chine walking and will a hydrofoil help the chine walk i got one on mine now of a old 40 horse i had lying around and i got a 26 four blade trophy prop off my other 150 mercury to try how well is the 4 blade going to be as far as top speed and lift(hole shot) and my steering wheel has a shaft on it that slides through my rack and pinion and has a nut on it to hold it in place this is factory 77 steering single cable thanks and hope for some good responses loveing the site.... thanks hydrostreamers!!!!!!!! Image
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: prop and steering

I didn't like the NFB steering but that's jmo.

I have hydraulic now and it's great (jmo).
If you get that, it will come with a new helm and you will prob have to get a new steering wheel too. Is that right, ya'll?

As far as your prop, you will prob end up needing something in the 30 inch area with all that hp., but that's down the road.

The hydrofoil should be out of the water at high speed so it won't effect chinewalk. :boating:

...good looking ride, it's gonna be badazz!

I could read this easier with punctuation. :slap: :lol:

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

try putting a torque tab on there too. helps with feedback and prop walk

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I have hyd. steering in both my streams and love it, you will need a new steering wheel if you have the ride guide square shaft.

A hdy foil will help get out of the hole a little quicker but that's it.

As for chine walk seat time and everything tight is the ticket. I have absolutely no play in my 200 on my viper with hyd steering and solid mounts. The first time I had it out I felt it start to walk a little but was able to correct it and haven't noticed it since but after watching some video of me driving it I'm correcting it and don't even know it.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok iam going to be looking tonite for some hydro steering seems to be the way to go my buddy had it on his bullet and it drove good so thats what iam a doing..........sorry for the no space in my chat lol

thanks for all the help again loveing this site and the info thanks guys and do you have to modife under the dash or anything for the hydro helm and the line coming off of it to fit?? and the motor mounts i think i got the aluminum ones the ones on the bottom you can see and the ones on top are under the cowling or side cover correct i looked at them on bobsmachine and the torque tamer weres it rivit or bolt on at thanks
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post