Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

79 Vulture Restore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

79 Vulture Restore

I've decided to start a new thread about putting the boat back together after the re-core. It started with carpet, then seats. Here is a picture of where it's at.
Picture 1536.jpg
Picture 1536.jpg (3.22 MiB) Viewed 5497 times
Picture 1537.jpg
Picture 1537.jpg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 5497 times
Picture 1538.jpg
Picture 1538.jpg (3.43 MiB) Viewed 5497 times
Summers coming !!!

Bill

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 79 Vulture Restore

Bill, Looking good. :up: Hope that black doesnt burn to bad when ya take a seat. I like it though.

Also, Do you have any pictures of the back seat during construction? I really like the design and would love to see how you did it.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Yes I agree with Hippie looks great just hope the black dont burn ya 8-) And if you covered them yourself great job.

Topic Author
VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

You can't really see it from the picture, but the color is charcoal gray. I intentionally went a bit lighter because VNo1 had black and it did burn. Also, the black looked a little too bumble bee like for me. I'm sure it will still burn a little but not as bad as the black.

Hippie, I did tak a lot of pictures of it. I'll post some of the construction pictures on how I did it. I tried to match what I had on the 1977 Vulture I had but didn't have any exact dimensions. I just tried to get it as close as possible and then customed the back sides to slope because I will have a tripod tow bar on it. I'll try to give you my dimensions also, since yours will be the same.

The advantage to this back seat compared to the 1979 wrap around style is that this one comes out real easy for access to the back well and bilge.

I did build them from scratch and did the vinyl also. It wasn't my favorite job and took a while. but I really wanted to stick to the original looking seats. They do add a little weight though vs some custom stuff. It really didn't same any money either. For the price of the wood, foam for the back seat and vinyl, I could have got a couple real cool bucket seats. I may still get some buckets because I am designing everything so it will pop in and out. Best of both worlds.

I still have some trim to do on the sides to cover the staples. The sides will have charcoal gray plexiglasss and make them look 100% better. I'll get that finished this weekend and post after completed also.

Bill

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Looks really good Bill. It's nice when it starts looking like something again isn't it? :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Yes - getting excited to get it alll back together. Should happen pretty quickly from here on out. Bill

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

looks REAL NICE Bill

Topic Author
VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Thanks Russ. Can't wait. I just ordered Steering, gauges and lighting. I pick it up Monday at a place called Great Lakes Skipper. It's about 10 minutes from me and I can do a pickup order on Monday. I will take some picture of the stuff b4 installing. In case anyone wants a good deal on parts. I'll give them a plug. Todd was real helpful. Here is the web site

http://greatlakesskipper.com/

I thought the deals were better than anything else I saw on the web.

Here you go Hiuppie, this links for you

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/37_572_868-boat-engines-engine-parts-and-accessories-outboards/16276-mercury-marine-mercury-marine-2010-300cxl-verado-6-cylinder-boat-outboard-motor.html

:vking:

Bill

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post