Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

80 Vector redux

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
DARKWOLF
The new guy
The new guy

80 Vector redux

As the proud new owner of a 1980 Vector, I have found that not everyone has the best luck on the water. I have found several 'repairs' :roll: in the hull and it needs a new floor/core/transom. I feel lucky that I was at least sorta prepared for the bad news and really lucky that there is a load of information here. I promise to post as much about the rebuild as I can and as I enjoy photos, I will embarrass myself as often as possible by showing what I don't know (yes, I expect input and correction as needed).
I think the worst part so far is: I haven't even put it in the water yet. I will before the redux. more to come, photos of before, during and after.
1980 VECTOR

YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: 80 Vector redux

join the crowd in the restore depot! i joined the site almost 1 yr ago when i began my vector project. a complete restore from ground up. i didnt have a clue where to begin and what to do and with the help of these guys on here and alot of $, time and patience i just completed my floor, core, stringers, and trans. currently working on the hull getting ready to paint. youll find if you hit a snag just ask and someone will usually chime in and give you some sort of direction. good luck with the build keep us posted and POST pics! some of us still prefer picture books instead of novels. :up:

theres a few threads on vector restores. mine is "let the fun begin" 77viper's thread is also very informative with the viper and vector being very similar in core structure

:boating:
81 vector....complete restore....1991 7 pedal 200 slightly modded
ALWAYS under construction

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE8wWZsFpw

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Good luck :up: We are here when you need us. It's a lot of time and hard "itchy" work but so worth it once your done.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

redneckcustoms13
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

+1 couldnt agree more. im just glad to see folks taking interest in em and still fixing them up :up:
78 vector, 2.4 200, 2-1 lower unit with bobs nose cone.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post