Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

VULTURE recore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
KENNY
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: VULTURE recore

Thanks guys, This has been a lot of work but woth it. I learned a lot and I have to thank you guys for all the help. If not for this site I would not have done any of this. I put it in the water today and went for a short ride,it was to choppy to run it but just wanted to ride in it. What a difference in the little bit I rode it though, It feels soild. I know there is some place on here were somebody was talking about how to bring back the color. The boat is silver and blue metal flake that was sprayed over with clear. Now the clear is flaking off and the boat looks terrible. How can I get the clear off and bring back the shine of the paint? Here are some pic. before going into the water,tomorrow I hope to get some of it in the water. Again thanks guys, and Hippie for running this site. Oh Hippie If there is any donations that is needed to keep this site up please let me know. Chet next time you go to Express please Thank them for me, they were very very helpfull. Oh yeah, The one pic. of the back of the boat, I plane on continuing the closed off splashwell foward over the gas tank and then drop it down to hide the tank and then make a back seat out of it..
Attachments
IMG_20120318_121530.jpg
IMG_20120318_121530.jpg (928.25 KiB) Viewed 15358 times
IMG_20120318_121613small.jpg
IMG_20120318_121613small.jpg (727.12 KiB) Viewed 15358 times
IMG_20120318_121626small.jpg
IMG_20120318_121626small.jpg (833.39 KiB) Viewed 15358 times

Topic Author
KENNY
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I just took it for a ride today and it rides solid,no leaks lol. But I do have a problem, last year when ever I would give it the gas the boat would put the nose down and as soon as I took the least amount of power out of it the nose would pop up and it would fly. As soon as would try and give it more power it would push the nose back down. I keep thinking that it was because the bottom and the transom were felxing so much under power. Well it still does it and I know that they are not felxing at all. Does anybody know why this is happening?????? It does it very noticeable, and at any speed I could be just cruising at 3000 and give some gas and the nose snaps down and will stay there all the way to full throttle. As soon as I lift a little it pops up and flys,if i give it more gas it snaps back down??????????????????

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Check your trim system and make sure it isn't compressing during acceleration.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Chet this sounds similiar to what the Voyager was doing till you had me raise the motor . :idea:

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seeing you have a LWP on your lower, Level out the pad and then set your motor at 0 deg trim and then set the center of your prop shaft about an inch above the bottom of the pad and go from there. And like chet said, make sure your motor is trimming down on ya when you take off.

Thats what I would do anyways and see what happens from there.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
KENNY
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

After using the boat I am finding out that raising the transom 3" with out some kind of support was not a good idea. Could be just me but I dont like the way the top 3" flex's. I will try and put up some pic. of what I am talking about later. But it seems that the 3" is really not supported by anything and it moves a lot. I am thinking about either adding alum. plate to the back of the transom a little bigger than the bracket and in front of the 3" part then adding some threaded rod to the front part of the well. I have a pic. of what I am talking about its not very good but you get the idea. I was also thinking about cutting the top of the new splash well and adding to the stringers and bringing them all the way up. Any ideas?????
Attachments
IMG_20120318_121613small fix.jpg
IMG_20120318_121613small fix.jpg (741.68 KiB) Viewed 15312 times

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Nice job on the entire rebuild and congratulations on already getting it wet! :boating:

As far as your nose dive issues, I would try a chopper or other surfacing prop. I would start an inch or so below the pad and expect to go up from there.

On the transom, I would not tie into the front of the slash well. Yes, there is a piece of plywood there but I don't think it will be strong enough to help much. Extending the knees should work but the easiest thing that I can think of is... :o ... lower the jack plate on the transom.

Again, congrats on a nice job. :up:

p man
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I would think about re-drilling your transom to the factory bolt location. By adding 3" of lift 'ON' your transom you have added a whole pant load more strain on it. Lifting the motor on a jackplate actually lowers the stress on a transom but increases it on the jackplate. Lifting a motor on the transom it's selft will increase the stress on the transom a fair bit.
my 2 cents anyways

Topic Author
KENNY
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hey Guys, Been awhile since I had the time to sit and post anything. Since the boat is done for now I had a ton of stuff to catch up on around the house, the wife was real cool about me working on the boat every second I could, but I have to now catch up on the winter projects. The boat has been running real good, I changed the racker prop I had on it and put a chopper on and now am playing with the height, but that problem I was having with the bow getting pushed down under power is gone. I have not run it yet with a gps to see the speed but I hope to soon. I hope to get some pic. of the boat running and post them. Hey Hippie hows your boat coming along.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post