Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

core

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
rocketman4u
The new guy
The new guy

core

thanks for all your help fellas i found out the boat is a 1984 vector. i have a long square bilge box that goes down center of boat is that the core you are talking about. on the outside of the box there is green foam is that for flotation or soundproofing or both? thanks for all your help on my new project :boating:

jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

Re: core

The "core" is all the balsa wood (or at least used to be wood) you see. It's used in many boats to add strength and rigidity to fiberglass panels while being lighter (and cheaper) than simply using additional layers of fiberglass.

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: core

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you'll get a lot of enjoyment from your new Stream, and we are always glad to see a Hydrostream saved from the landfill. Most newbies get a warning about their core, but you're ahead of that.

The floor, core, stringers, and transom are the majority of the wood in the boat. Replacing that wood and the glass that ties it together is the structural rebuild you're looking at. (The transom may not not need replacement. The float boxes are often discarded during rebuild. It's up to you.)

There are many great rebuild threads on here. They not only help others but they document the work.

Again, welcome and enjoy!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post