Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

shifter and tilt handles

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
rocketman4u
The new guy
The new guy

shifter and tilt handles

hi i am restoring a 1986 vector and ran across a finished one that didnt have a shift lever on the right side where most outboard shifters go.i zoomed in as close as poss but no good. i thought i saw a set of turn signal style handles behind steering wheel to left and right. i installed a hot foot throttle pedal and was looking to get rid of the old stock ugly shift control. i was wondering if the left handle was for tilt and right handle was for shift behind steering wheel. if so can anyone send me a link on where i might purchace one? thank you all...happy boating :boating:
Attachments
this is boat i saw
this is boat i saw
5vofhu[1].jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 4698 times

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: shifter and tilt handles

That blinker style switch(es) that you see behind the steering wheel is for tilt and trim controls.

If you want a nicer shifter without the huge box, Rex Marine (Page 39 and Page 39) carries some or you can get a Nyhdal shifter from Wintech.

Hope that helps some.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

That boat pictured had the stock control box sitting on the floor just out of view.

Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

Topic Author
rocketman4u
The new guy
The new guy

thank you for the info.sorry i am new to this game, had may boats but not for racing. may sound stupid but what does the control box on the floor do! is it for the tilt? if so where is the shifter on the boat pictured? by the way if anyone knows who put the red boat together that we are talking about, please tell them my son and i think they are awesome. we are on a budget but this forum and all the cool members make it worth the fun we have ...many thanks to all of you for the help and knowledge you have given us.... :up:

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Hi Dennis and son.
Welcome to the chaos!! :up:
There are no dumb questions here. This site has newbies up to drag racers with decades of Hydrostream experience and knowledge.
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions here. We're all glad to pitch in and help.

The boat you pictured is my little 15' HydroStream Viper I restored. The full write-up of the restoration is on the link I sent in the private message. Hydrostream.org

The shifter you're referring to is currently mounted on the side combing as it should. I just had it laying on the floor in the pictures while installing the interior.
Get ready for the "core" question to come up. The core is the heart of the hull and is important to check thoroughly before getting in the water.
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post