Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Project Vector

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Project Vector

Well, I added another Hydrostream to the list of projects I have going on. This one was very local and crazy cheap (pretty much free) and once I seen it, I couldnt say no. Its a 1982 Hydrostream Vector. Someone has already done some of the hard work but not all of it. Also, the person that had it before the guy I got it from did the demo and went a little deep with the skill saw as you can see in some of the pictures but thankfully they are very clean narrow cuts. The windshield does have a small crack in it right in the center but thats ok. I am going to eventually pull it off and repair it.

Right now it will sit and collect dust until the Vulture is on the water and I'm done tossing money at it, then I will take a go at getting this done myself. The plan is to go with no core and depending on how things are, I might go with a composite transome but that is just an idea right at the moment. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. As for the exterior of the boat, I am going to leave the deck as you see it and the bottom of the boat, other than the hols from the saw, is in great shape except for two very small spots at the back edge of the pad so there shouldnt be much work there. So here are a few pictures and this is officially my rebuild thread but dont expect much in here until the Vulture is completely where I want it.

Just after I picked it up. Making a quick pit stop to show it off. Lots of dirt and dried up moss and junk from living its life outdoors in the woods for the last 10 years or so. I didnt have any before pictures of the inside but it was NASTY and had weeds growing in it.

And here we have it after a MAJOR power wash and some minor scrubbing. Looks way better but with some actual soap and water and some elbow grease it will come out even better.
Sadly the red is not metal flake.

Here you can see a few of the cuts that go all the way through the hull from a skill saw.

And here you can kind of see the crack in the windshield. Nothing too crazy but I am pretty confident that I can repair it.

Pretty sure I will have a few more pictures soon but for now, this is it. :up: :boating:

No the trailer did not come with it but hopefully I can find another trailer otherwise this will be sitting on some tires for a bit.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Streamer
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Project Vector

SWEET Find !!! :up:
Now to keep your eyes open for a project motor. :D

You know whats better than a Hydrostream ??????????

TWO or more of them !!!! :boating: :boating: ++++ ?

Yea...I know, one for you, and the other for your son one day!!!

What do you mean by " the plan is to go with no core"? Leaving what is there..there?

James
79 Vector needs restore (on hold for now)
79 V-King getting restored (WIP)

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Project Vector

Just added another one to the fleet today. An 82 Vamp. LoL

The boat will have zero core. Remove at the core, and then do a thick layup then build kind of a frame for the boat. No more rotten core. Might go composit transom but time will tell.

Here is Dan Bulgers vector he is building. There is no core in the boat.
FB_IMG_1473026035762.jpg
FB_IMG_1473026035762.jpg (81.25 KiB) Viewed 7426 times
:up:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
-Kevin

1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen

Streamer
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Project Vector

Sounds heavy...or no?
Both my checkmates did not have cored hulls. Thicker hull than the Streams for sure, and the floor attached/boxed in the support structure of the hull. I did full restores on those. Talk about easy boats to restore...BUT, not as fast as the Streams... :shock:

One was 15 ft. and the other was a 16 ft. Great fun and good looking rides though. Almost blew over the 15 ft. once...whew... :shock: It launched, but didn't go over...came down @zz first. Did need new undies...

James
79 Vector needs restore (on hold for now)
79 V-King getting restored (WIP)

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Project Vector

It's actually not much heavier if any at all. Scott Steffe (AFR) built Beefkid hydrostream with no core pretty much the same way and that thing was a rocket! I have pictures on my computer unless Scott chimes in here by chance.

Thinking my 76 CobraJet is going to get done before this. Would like to get the Vamp done but I'm going to split the hull and deck so that's going to be a much bigger project so that will be last on the list. LoL so many projects now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
-Kevin

1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen

• Random Topics
    Replies