Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

77 vector recore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 77 vector recore

ok so i worked on the boat tonite i got it in my shop so i can work on it in all weather i got all the core out an the stringers now just got the easiest part to do :roll: the bow mite just make it open bow lol jj

ok chet i do got two boxes on the side of my motor look ing at the front there on the right side i didnt see a box on the left side but could have over looked it do i just take the boxes and all the wiring off all the way to were the wires go or do i have to rewire something and how do i retime the thing ive never done that either so...and i dont think its got the rev box it will turn close to 7500 and heres some pics of the motor and core

right side of the motor

leftside of motor
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Looks like you're going at a good pace!

Make sure you grind the bottom before you start installing the new core. You will end up with a nice creme color under the dark glass.

If you're turning past 6200 your limiter has been removed. The box with the blue, white and a green wire on the side is your oil injection modual. The one on the top is your timing advance modual it effects timing at idle but can fail and cause problems up higher so it's better just to remove it.

As far as timing you will be way better off picking up a factory manual. I could explain it but the manual will help out later as well.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok iam going to get one and is the timing adavanced or retard that you said to do 25* and just remove all the wires on both boxes i really do appreciate the help from you guys as iam still getting my feet wet with all this outboard and core stuff
yea i have been just working on it a couple hours aday for like 4 days now but its coming along bout got the hard part done i believe just ready to get it going back to gether so when i can look back and say i did that so thanks again guys to bad yall are to far away for a weekend ride together

2006 vking center steer

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your moving right along. Looking great so far.

:vking:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

thanks hippie i really like when i get comments on my progress it help me keep motivated on the project thanks again

steven

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok so i just ordered all my stuff for my boat and going now to get my plywood for my stringers and transom were getting close to getting something coming back together its going to be wonder full with have a study boat i can trust for my speeds will repost soon when i get my transom started and clued together and stringers built

2006 vking center steer

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

First off, I like your energy. Your really on it. Were your stringers in top of the core or adhered to the hull and core around it. I cant tell in the pics. As for the core up in the bow, you'll have a seam down the center in the V. Bevel the edges where they meet. for the transom, laminate 3 1/2" real marine ply together and let cure. Cut to size and adhere to the outer hull kinda like the core and clamp it and let it cure then laminate over it. I was lucky, mine wasn't rotten. As far as the mounting holes I used a 3M product, not 5200 because you'll never get it apart. I think it was 8200 or something like that. Make sure all your surfaces are clean before any laminating. Use acetone for final cleaning. I'll be around if you have any ??? Keep up the good work.
Rick.
:vking:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

hey rick thanks for the advice i got to get me some big a clamps i got a bunch of wood clamps and i got my transom built to day and its ready to go i put in place nic and snug in there had to lightly tap it in with a hammer so looking good there

and my stringers were in the hull and cored around them iam going back the same way and iam going to make them tie in to my transom like some other people did on here yea i got all my stuff ordered today should be getting out to me tommorw should have it in about a week i got it from mertons in ma....iam grinding everything now to get it ready them iam going to start on the bow after everything else is done an ready going to make my stringers tomm will post some pics of them and the transom thanks again every one for the support and help

steven

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

well stoped working on it around 8 tonite i got all the core grinded down and the transom didnt have time to post any pictures gang sorry will do so tomm now just got to get under the bow and make some stringers and then will be ready for the new core to go in and the stringers yee haw should be a blast once done iam so ready for it too be cant wait

steven

2006 vking center steer

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Keep up the good progress. Bill :up:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post