Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

77 vector recore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 77 vector recore

thanks bill as well as others
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok so heres some pics of the stringers and the transom and the floor smoothed down just got the little piece in the bow and then will just be waiting on my materials to get to tennessee i hope they hurry they was talking to my today about going to south carolina for a few months i want it done befor i go or iam going to find me a storage building to rent to keep it out of the weather when i leave but its going pretty good so far just got to get motivated to get under that darn bow lol iam dredding it badly not the part of tearing the core out just the grinding that sh.. sucks everyone thats going to do this lol and the one that have done it i know how you feel ..felt ......and my stringers arent the best but should be fine

steven

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok so i have been working under the bow some today after makeing my stingers and man that sucks got a little tore out it was pretty darn solid under there just found two bad spote about 5x5 other than that ok but getting it tore out so i can get it grinded down and be ready for my materials i hope they hold out to call me to sc for a few weeks that would give me time to get it done but had some welders busting there stainless pipe x-rays so wanting me to come and pick up the slack so probllly want be long till :roll: but untill then work work all day long getting it ready thanks for the support agian from everyone it does help out alot

steven
:boating:

2006 vking center steer

whybjorn
The new guy
The new guy

I really like how the stringers have extra support for the transom. Keep up the good work!

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

hey thanks i got the idea from a couple of other guys on here who had done it as well so i think it will work out fine just waiting on my supplyes :roll: to get her then start putting it back together :D thanks just make sure you leave room for you wood to goo back in were you drain whole is at the bottom

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

hey also what did everyone use for the whole in the pad thats the drain what did yall put in there for the drain plug
i was thinking a piece of copper tubeing and fiberglass around it but i dont know so what did yall slide in the whole so that the plug what fit in there thanks everyone

steven

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok got all the bow done wasnt to bad after i went to tsc and bought me a 2 inch wide chisel that stuff fell out easy with a 4 pound hammer it went easy soo soon as my supplies get here willl be putting back together and be ready for the water iam so ready to get it wet :boating:

2006 vking center steer

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

I bought a new drain plug tube from the marina by me and just knocked the old one out. I haven't installed the new one but it is flanged on the outside edge and use a special glue (52) to put it back in so it doesn't leak. The tube didn't cost more then 10 bucks. Bill

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

yea thanks bill iam going to call today i think thats about the only thing i need that i can thank of thanks

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok so i got my supplies in today then when i got back takeing the gf out to a movie an dinner i came home and started i got the transom trying to the boat now then will start on the stringer and inside of the transom tommorow its all up hill from here i hope thanks allot for the support hs family

steven

2006 vking center steer

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post