Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

77 vector recore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 77 vector recore

got some of the transom done on the inside and got some of my core in in the pic its just drying with resin on the bottom ive got my first layer on my core going rite now then will work on it some more tomm but for now been sweating like crazy time to watch americas got talent iam going to put a boat on there doing a recore for my talent :pound: lol after i get done maybe i could do a section in 90 seconds hehe enjoy the pics

steven

Last edited by 265mercman on Jul 27, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Man, your cooking right along. Wish mine was all the factory stuff. I would have been recoreing by now. LOL

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

hey thanks hippie i post to of the same pics earlyier i got one of the transom and floor now i will post some more pics tomm when i get some more done i have nothing but time rite now still layed off got a call today like i said i cant never tell when i have to go back to work so iam trying to get as much done asap thanks again

steven

2006 vking center steer

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Stringers first???
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

well i was going too the stringers in my boat were fiberglass bout a 8th in thick they seemed to bee made under the the core couldnt really tell so iam just going to put mine on top and make the matting that ties them in run from side to side on the hull then iam going to but something like bulkheads on the side of them i will show some pics when i get them done i got the core done all the way too the dash now took 2 1/2 sheets to get from transom to dash probally 5 sheets all to do the core and i orderd 10 lol well should have enough to do another on lol

2006 vking center steer

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

It'll work either way. Make sure to wet you laminate real good when you get to that point. You want to see the core right through it. No white looking stuff. Your goin to have that thing done in no time! :up:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

yea i got a few spots thats got some air under it i couldnt get out its harder then what it looks laying that stuff down ..

so this is were iam at i havent forgot about the pics iam going to wait till i get done then post them all start to finish and how i did everything with each picture

need one more coat on the transom... got the core done from the transom too the dash with two coats of laminate and resin .. now i got all the core under the bow laminated down and got one side done letting it dry rite now then will start the other side should be able to start working on my stringers tomm and then finish my transom then get started on the floor a few more good days and should be well on my way to getting her wet again :boating:

2006 vking center steer

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

We want pictures please! lol :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ok so i got it ready for water just know splash well yet and got to do some odd and inns as for painting and stuff like that goes iam going to start sanding on it here and there i got a guy that wants to do a vinyl wrap on it wants some motor work done on his boat for exchange so i think iam going to try it i got to repaint so if it dont come out good ill just repaint it like i got too anyways but for some pictures and progress here we go ladies and gents and a big thanks to hippie rick bill and chet for all the know hows and learning progress and to everyone else that chimed in along the way thanks

tearing out the core hard work harder grinding though

transom in and made some copyies of others stringers too tie in too the transom

starting to lay down the core and getting started on going back together

fixed my hole i cut while getting the transom out

so i made some 1/2 all thread that went from the bottom jack plate holes that came up and bolted up to were my splash well was for extra transom support and started on the floor

and the motor back on the floor has some gaps around it but going to put carpet in and coated the wood with resin then going to put cool seal on top of that before carpet to seal it really good

and the way it used to look like which it still does just needs repainted now

2006 vking center steer

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post