Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Viking recore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

LSaupe
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: Viking recore

I absoltely love my Trophy Plus. Running 3/4" of an inch below the pad (thats as high as I can go with this jackplate).

Great hole shot, mid range and top end. Also much decreased chine walk than when running my three blade 27 SRX. Running 70 MPH at 6200 RPM with a 24P (using the large size ventilation plugs). I have a tired 150 OMC.

I now have a 26P and 27P waiting to be tried. Try one, I think you will be impressed. I have tried several different props on this boat and always come back to the Trophy Plus (no more running the engine up to 6 grand trying to get an overhub to bite before getting on plane). Hooks up solid the whole way through (almost like a real boat!) :o)

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

ccrick wrote:The thing sounds like an empty beer can and is so light!
:

:P Success, Congrats :up:

Topic Author
ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Thanks surface scratcher. Yea Larry, I guess I need to start a prop collection. LOL. What pitch on the trophy? Anyone using a tempest or vengeance? I see a lot of lazer's pretty cheap. Thanks Rick. :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

LSaupe
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

I am running a 24 pitch, but am pulling too many R's with this old cross flow (need to get it down around 5,500).

Was running at 6200 with the 24 pitch (3/4" below and 6" setback). For me I hope 26 pitch will be perfect (havent had the time or weather to get it out there yet). I did run a 27 pitch and it was too much (5,300), and I lost some mid range punch. But, this engine is tired and I plan in upgrading a bit this summer.

So... guess it depends on your max power desired RPM. For calcs numbers I am showing about 7% slip using my tach and GPS. Not sure how accurate the tach is, but envision it is accurate to within 200 RPM or so.

LSaupe
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Also, the props are sensitive to the size of the ventilation plugs installed. They have fully plugged, small, medium, large and none-installed. I have had good luck with the large size plugs. Did try the none-installed option, and it ventillated too much. These are also bow lifters, so very little trim is needed to fly the hull (I also have a very light one like yourself). You can usually pick up real nice used ones for around $275.00 or so (a bit more if you need a hub kit).

Topic Author
ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

I just found a laser for 25 pitch for $110.00 I may go look at tomorrow. That'll get the rpms down plus I'll offer the guy 80 bucks or something like that. I run my ventilators wide open, when it bites, it's like second gear :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Got the 25 laser2 and rpms in a better range now. Was in the swimmin hole with it yesterday and it floats a lot higher in the water now. better than an inch! Still havent had the opportunity to lay it out yet. It wants to go like hell though! :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

What are you waiting for.... Air it out. Bill

Topic Author
ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

VultureNo2 wrote:What are you waiting for.... Air it out. Bill
Waiting to go out solo. The Wife wont no way let me do it with her in the boat. lol :boatThe laser I bought was like brand new. The guy bought it and was to much pitch for his setup and to hard to get on plane. I know one thing, I have to watch the trim its so light. It starts to air with way less pos trim!
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Well, been beating the s*&t out of it this year and it's all holding together. Winter project is a jack and steering. The 2.0 liter is also holding it's own too. Ya can't break it! R's up the kazoo. :up:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post