Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

1977 viper recore

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: 1977 viper recore

Nice Chet. I spent the whole weekend pulling barefooters n the Ski Nautique. Great weekend, but no work done on VNo2. This will be a big push forward week ending in finishing the balsa install next weekend. I'll post soon. Can't wait to see that Viper fly. Bill

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I replaced the solenoid for the fuel pump with a relay, that took care of the blown fuse issue. I also lowered my fuel pressure a little so it's at 3 psi flowing and 5 psi deadheaded. I'm still working on my digatron set up but I think I'm going to scrap that idea and go to regular gauges instead.

I was able to take it out to the small lake by my house tonight and put 5.5 miles on it according to my gps. It handles great I was a little nervous about staying on the pad because my XT vegas has the training wheels, I took it slow for a bit then got it up on the pad and it was a dream I ended up taking it up to 82 but ran out of lake.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Very nice chet. Soon the happy gas? :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

hydrostream76
Regular
Regular

nice pics
lol vipers are fun to drive, eh ?

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Nice Chet. :D :up:

frogII
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Is that odowd lake ?

if it is I had a hard time getting full throttle out of my crappie boat there :roll:
very short straight runs

you must have one heck of a hole shot and great pick up :up:
<> God is Great , Beer is Good , Boaters are Crazy <>

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I'm still waiting on another fuel pump for the methanol for the nitrous.

It wasn't odowd but close to the same size, when we test boats at work we go to odowd so I know the lake too well.

The Hole shot it amazing I forgot my thrust washer for the merc props so I was still running a 27 srx, I can't wait to try my drag props.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I got frustrated with the digatron gauges so I ordered some autometer and hydorodynamics gauges. I had to fill in the hole in the dash so I made a panel to cover the hole, I think I need to add another to the other side.

I'm still waiting for them to build my fuel pump for the methanol system so I haven't tried the gas. I did get to take it out last sat with my 22 et and found I need to so something with the vents. If I accelerate hard the fuel sloshes into the vents and it stalls the motor. I just got a set of wmh 20s to replace the 31s so I will lower the fuel level and bump the pressure to see if that helps otherwise I think I will add slosh tubes.

The boat is a absolute blast to drive, well worth all the effort!
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I'm still at this in my spare time. I ended up getting a fuel pump from another vendor and finishing up the nitrous system last night :twisted: .

I will make a thread on the install to make it easier to find if anyone is interested.

I finished my work early tonight so I headed out to the lake to see what it would do. I'm running a 26 pitch yamaha drag that has been thinned but otherwise stock and from a stand still it launched so hard I can't explain it. I have run my 22 lightning et and there is no comparison. I was just testing it so I am still way rich and didn't hold it for to long but man is this thing fast and fun.

I actually think I can say it's officially overpowered.

On a side note the county sheriff's department picked up their new boat today with a new guy on water patrol. I had herd he was a **** but I figured It's better to meet him now rather than later so I went out to chat with him. Sure as **** I went to school with him and know his family "small town". We got to chatting and I had to let him know what lake I fo to to make some long runs and he advised me that he would still give me a ticket if I do something dumb but he wanted a call to come watch a boat run at 90 :up:
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

ConFuseee
Regular
Regular

Amazing job chet! sure makes me want mine done
1976 Viper Bicentenial
Currently Restoring..