Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

My new-to-me Vegas XT 1985

Show off your Hydrostream. Whether its new, old or somewhere in between, What better place than here to showcase it.

Topic Author
noli
The new guy
The new guy

Hi folks,

I'm new here. Just showing off my new Hydrostream Vegas XT. Not sure how I'm going to fix this or just build something new.

Does anyone know who builds new Hydrostreams? I was calling the folks in Canada, but the line is no longer working.

To follow my build, please click on my signature below.

AdamDK

John Spaeth
705-484-0407

But if that's the phone number you say is no longer working, then I don't know what to tell you. He's still building Streams and JCrafts up in Brechin, but i heard he's not the greatest at answering the phone.
I know some guys on the FastBoatsCanada forums are friends' with John and/or do a lot of business with him and have his personal cell number.

Hanging your hull on a swingset frame is pretty ballsy. Pray for little-to-zero wind. :lol:

Don B
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hanging your hull on a swingset frame is pretty ballsy. Pray for little-to-zero wind. :lol:[/quote]
Thats what I was thinking. Is that a beefed up one or a what. :mrgreen: that looks like it would be useful.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Topic Author
noli
The new guy
The new guy

Hi Adam & Don,

That is really not a true swing contraption, but a lifting bar using all steel construction with a carrying capacity of 3,000 lbs

I'm, not a risk taker and would never balance a boat in that way, here's a pic from the back to show you what was holding the boat from the transom

Also, I've called that number you gave multiple times and a recording says its not a working number. Has anyone else been able to contact John Spaeth?

I also tried to register myself on the FastBoatsCanada forums and I get an error saying "The administrator has disabled registration", so I can't even search the forums if John is still building Hydrostreams.

Is there anyone in the US who is building Hydrostreams?

This is the webpage I get when I click on "Register"

AdamDK

Ya, I've brought that issue up with Rico (FBC site owner) about registration issues on the forum. He just doesn't seem to have the time to fix his issues right now, apparently he gets craploads of spam accounts and i don't think he has any members with admin or mod privileges to deal with it when he's not around online. I've even suggested that at least allow the forums to be viewed by guests...but he doesn't listen.

try emailing him about getting an account set up on FBC.
gottahaveanstv@hotmail.com is Rico's email.

Topic Author
noli
The new guy
The new guy

thanks for the email

just sent him a request via that email address

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tried to register at FBC a few years back and it wouldnt let me without providing my phone number and I was not ok with providing my phone number to register to a web site and to this day I still will not provide my phone number to register to any web site and I emailed him personally and he refused to let me register without providing a phone number.

As for the spam stuff, its not that hard to prevent spam accounts from being able to register. I am the one and only person running things here and I dont get spam accounts registering. I think I had 2 get past my anti spam stuff in the last year and even then, they didnt get far enough to even make a post. The forum software they use has a lot of great options to prevent spam so either he doesnt give a hoot really and doesnt want to deal with it anymore or he has no clue how to set it up. At one time the forum used to be visible to guests but not anymore.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

AdamDK

I don't think he has a clue. I worked for an online forum company for a couple years, and have 10+ years of experience with VBulletin forum software. I didnt need to enter my phone number when i registered there a couple years ago.

/end thread derail

Noli: my cousin worked for John years back. I could ask him to get me Spaeth's cell number, but no guarantees, he may not even have it. If i do get it, i'll send you a PM. I would rather not publicly display it.

Topic Author
noli
The new guy
The new guy

thank you Adam, really appreciate that

and I agree about not displaying John's cell number :up:

AdamDK

PM sent noli.

• Random Topics
    Replies