Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

225 LOOPER

Full engines, Powerheads, Lower units, etc.

Topic Author
JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

225 LOOPER

MY DAD HAS A 225 EVINRUDE (1988-1990) THAT IS A 25 INCH, SUPER, SUPER CLEAN POWERHEAD, FRESHWATER MOTOR, COMPRESSION SHOWS WITHIN 10 POUNDS ON ALL 6. HIS GAUGE SHOWS 100-110, WHICH SEEMS HIGH FOR A STOCK MOTOR, SO I BET HIS GAUGE IS SIMPLY A LITTLE "HAPPY".

IT DOES NOT HAVE A LOT OF TIME ON IT. IF YOU SEE THE POWERHEAD YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IT WAS ON A FISHING BOAT. HE REALLY WANTED TO GET $2,500 AND I THINK IT IS WORTH THAT, BUT, WITH THE ECONOMY...... HE IS OPEN TO OFFERS. I TELL YOU WHAT, IF ANYONE HAS A GOOD BUBBLEBACK 140 OR EVEN BETTER A CROSSFLOW 235, HE WOULD TAKE $1,500 PLUS YOUR MOTOR. AGAIN, OPEN TO OFFERS. THIS JUST AIN'T SELLING WELL THESE DAYS AND TRADING/BARTERING IS THE NEW CURRENCY. HE NO LONGER IS KEEPING A BOAT REQUIRING A 25 INCH SHAFT AND SINCE WENT TO A SMALLER (19 FOOT CENTER CONSOLE). HE LIKES THE CROSSFLOWS BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY OUTBOARD HE HAS EVER WORKED ON, AND THEY ARE LIGHT ON A SMALLER BOAT. ANYWAY. LOCATED IN MARYLAND. IF SOMEONE IS SERIOUS, I AM HAPPY TO SEND PICS. I'M PRETTY BUSY WITH THE NEW BABY SO PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SEND PICS IF YOU ARE NOT REALLY INTERESTED. THANKS

MY CELL IS 443 975 8469

Topic Author
JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: 225 LOOPER

would take $1,500. not a penny less, or a trade of a good bubbleback v-4 and $1,000.

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

The gauge might not necessarily be happy. I bought a used '98 that showed 110-115 across the board. All the talk of 95lbs new from the factory isn't always true. Sounds like a healthy motor, and well worth more. Good luck with the sale!

Topic Author
JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

yeah, thanks. honest to God, the motor is totally worth more, but with the economy nothing is selling. my compression gauge is pretty cheap ($40 harbor freight) but based on what Stoker told me, and he is the poobah on the OMC stuff, the number were high, but since they are consistent, he said it was good. i called him when i was inspecting the motor before we got it.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post