Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

HYDROSTREAM VKING, OWNED BY RON BAKER

Topic Author
JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

HYDROSTREAM VKING, OWNED BY RON BAKER

As some of you know, i bought Ron Bakers Vking close to 4 years ago, prior to his getting sick. I had every intention on restoring, but time, once again, has gotten in the way. The boat has been stored with nose up to keep dry, and needs cosmetics, paint and interior. This boat was last raced about 4 years ago, just before i got it from Ron, with a 225 ProMax. Strong transom, new floor that Ron or Jeff put in, bottom is solid. In my view, this is a cool boat, as Ron designed the Viking, and this was his race boat. It has the complete cable pulley steering, center steer set up, with Ron's foot throttle, and Nydahl shifter. Also has Gaffrig gauges mounted on the top of the dash. The coolest things about it are the signature Ron was kind enough to place on the side, and the additional strake on each side, as he originally designed the boat. $2,500, no trailer. would do a partial trade of $1,500 and a good bubbleback v4 or a good inline Merc, 115, at least. located in Maryland. As some of you, I never planned to sell and have never offerred this up previously. A lot on my plate right now, and just honestly do not see me getting to this for a number of years. I would love to see someone buy and get it rolling. I really do not want to sell to someone that does not appreciate it. Thanks a lot. Ronny 410 394 9000 work number. If you decide to get, I will throw in a brand new aluminum rubrail and factory Hydrostream rear bench seat, and one bucket, also a factory hydrostream piece. this is a center steer boat, so the one bucket is what it needs. thanks again. make serious offer if interested, but please don't be insulting.

Topic Author
JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: HYDROSTREAM VKING, OWNED BY RON BAKER

Forgive me for seeming crazy, but I cannot bring myself to actually sell the boat. I just can't. It is too cool to have, and if I let it go, I won't get it back. The wife helped me see this. Having stated that, I am going to sell my Viper I have owned since 2002. Clean original boat, for being a 1984. it is the trident tan/brown/darker brown color scheme. It is probably the only Viper ever sold with factory teak swim steps. all original, boat and trailer, clean gel, with minimal fading, clean original rubrail, original carpet, seats, everything. Seats are showoing some staining now, but honestly, the boat is an honest 8.5-9 out of a 1-10 score. I will post pics when i get her cleaned up in the next couple weeks. Ron Baker told me how to get speed out of the pad, so it was slightly widened and filled. Regardless of all the talk, Ron was right, and i picked up 7 mph on a hand held gps, with no other changes. If the pad is an issue, this is not the boat for you. I will be asking $2,500, boat and trailer, or $1,500 and a good bubble back v-4 or v-6 omc, or good inline 6 merc. thanks a lot. sorry for the confusion on the baker boat. located in maryland

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

I know what you're going through Ronnie, I'm moving next week, selling off a pile of stuff. One item is my 2012 Haro Freestyler 30th anniversary edition re issue. (A BMX for those who don't know) Only 300 made, only a handful in Canada. My most prized bike (I have a few lol) but in the new place I don't have space for a "trophy" bike. I should sell it, but I really don't want to, much like your 'king. Why do we get attached??? I dunno....

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

seahorsemax
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hello,
just wondering if this hydro is still for sale , and forgive me if i have asked already
Seahorsemax
Thanks

xl428
The new guy
The new guy

Hello and sorry to bother you. I'm a newbie as of today and fail to see the :D big button that says "NEW POST" or for that matter, wanting to sell my boat in the classified s section, " Post Ad Here" button. What am I missing? Would you please point me to the right button. Thanks guy!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post