Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Went down to BPR - dropped off lower unit

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Went down to BPR - dropped off lower unit

I went down to Ronnies shop yesterday and dropped off the lower unit to have him put on the low water pick up. Spoke to him about the way the boat was set up- he basically said what you guys were saying- move the motor up till the shaft centerline is about 1/2 to 1 inch below the hull, we talked about props- I had told him about Alaskastreamin prop- he said that was a good one- I ordered the same prop but only in a 26 pich- I felt my motor was not as powerfull as his and it might not run to its fullest rpm. Ronnie wants to play with my boat for a couple of days- he assured me when he was done tuning it - it would run in the high 80s to low 90s - I told him we would have to do this in stages. I dont have alot of money to play with right now- he said its all little cheap stuff, some thing like get rid of the rev limiter, get rid of the timing box, re time the motor, gid rid of some kind of control module, remove the new thermostats, install solid motor mounts, he also wants me to get rid of the hydraulic jack plate and buy a cheap manual one. Im hoping he gets the drive done by next friday. I would like to take the boat out again on fathers day. I told him how fast I went he said keep going out get more seat time . He really wants me down on the south shore where I can really feel the boat at a high speed. I told him I would go with them in a few weeks. He also said dont push the boat to 100 until the core is done. Trust me I wont. Boy I tell ya I did not think this hobby would be just like owning a drag car- to think I just sold mine 3 months ago. He also said he can tweek the motor to almost 300 hp- but thats going to have to be a winter project- or is it?? I could sneak the money out of our joint account- now thats an idea. I could tell her that well all these years you have been getting perms, die jobs, nails done, new clothes , and lets not forget shoes- what have I gotten ?? I will have to run that up the flag pole and see what happens. :up:

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Went down to BPR - dropped off lower unit

Sounds like you're about to need a doghouse, not a boat! Lmao

A happy wife is a happy life, cost me a lot to find that one out! But then again, I've stuck to one of my mottos, "it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask for permission" lol... Have at it, a guy's gotta have a hobby, could be worse!!!

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Went down to BPR - dropped off lower unit

Mine quit getting mad when she figured out I bought a new boat everytime she got mad about my boats :lol: .

Dont worry though it well get cheaper once you get the boat set up. :up: I still dont have my wife set up so I cant tell if they get cheaper but I'm betting not.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post