Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New Boat owner

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

blowitup
Regular
Regular

Re: New Boat owner

Gibbs87VKing wrote:I bought it from a guy in St Paul Minnesota. Supposedly it sat in the rafter storage and then soild new in 1996. In 1987 supposedly the Canada maker broke the Hydrostream contract and started building tunnel hulls instead. This the story i got. The gel coat is beautiful. The floor, transom are solid. How do i check the core under the floor without taking floor up. Now you got me worried. This thing runs like a dream.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I would pull rear eye lite off and look at transom for "wetness"and also borrow bore scope and look through drain plug for the same.That's about all the piece of mind you will get without tearing out the floor.

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: New Boat owner

While it's a terrible shame to have to cut into such a pristine boat, you MUST find out. The results of delamination are just too dire, loss of hull, serious injury, death.

If, by chance, the thing happens to rip off the bottom, how stupid do we look for not urging an inspection?

There may be an open area at the rear of the floor that would allow you to sample some core material in the pad. Needs to be checked in the pad, because that's always the wettest area.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post