Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

An old friend has been put to pasture......

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
Sonik
Regular
Regular

An old friend has been put to pasture......

I have decided that my tried and true 1987 2.0 liter XR2 has given me all I could ever ask of him, and since he had proven his dedication to the cause with his unwaivering reliability and longevity time and time again on the field of battle, I have offered him a well deserved early retirement pulling R&R duty on relatively mundane fishing vessel to live out his later years in peace trolling at low RPM's and reduced propshaft heights. I'm going to miss him terribly.....we have learned alot from each other over the last few years. I would like to honor his selfless service by reliving some of his accomplishments over the last several years......

When I first bolted him to a freshly cored boat.....(thanks Lynn/Capt Insane-O)

His first new/old 200 LWP gearcase (thanks Rock) and new prop (props <pun intended> to Mike Tyler)....

The very first test session and Power Tour appearance @ Lake Shawano, WI in 2010...

His first 1000' race @ Lake Koshkonong, WI in Rec Mod class....71.6mph @ 7100rpm that day from the brave little guy...pictures by John Dorn.....

The day he met his evil twin/OMC-powered twin brother (minus 2 cylinders of course).....his disapproval for being in the background was clearly shown when we arrived home by showing me a spun carrier and a puddle of gear lube on the floor.

The day he got a new mid and new shoes.....

And most importantly, the day the little guy accepted a newcomer into his drivers seat and found it in his heart to give him a safe and adrenaline filled journey while a proud father stood by the wayside.

Against my (and the soon-to-be misses) better judgement, his younger, but more potent brother, Mr. 2.5 liter 200 EFI takes his place at the transom. He has some big (reliability) shoes to fill as his older brother has proven that you can never underestimate the "little guy". :mrgreen: And with what appears to be a reflashed ECU, cut heads, and a smoothed chest, I feel that the "new" guy will quickly show me that I still have alot to learn about leading such an accomplished steed into battle. But I am sure we will will get along quite nicely once we come to an understanding of what is expected of each other.

So without further ado, cheers to the little guy that has done so well....may you live long and prosper! :up:

Now that I feel we have given the proper send-off, please welcome the the new guy.......destroyer of wallets and marriages alike, Mr. "I really didn't need to buy this but its damn sure gonna be fun" <applause>

Last edited by Sonik on Sep 14, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: An old friend has been put to pasture......

Nice man :up: :up: :up:
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looking good! :mrgreen:
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Love it......Great thread :clap: :majesty: :clap:

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

GOOD LUCK with the new power :up:

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Great eulogy. Wish I felt the same about my last motor (good riddance)!

frogII
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Sonik wrote:I have decided that my tried and true 1987 2.0 liter XR2 has given me all I could ever ask of him, and since he had proven his dedication to the cause with his unwaivering reliability and longevity time and time again on the field of battle, I have offered him a well deserved early retirement pulling R&R duty on relatively mundane fishing vessel to live out his later years in peace trolling at low RPM's and reduced propshaft heights. I'm going to miss him terribly.....we have learned alot from each other over the last few years. I would like to honor his selfless service by reliving some of his accomplishments over the last several years......

His first new/old 200 LWP gearcase (thanks Rock) and new prop (props <pun intended> to Mike Tyler)....

So without further ado, cheers to the little guy that has done so well....may you live long and prosper! :up:

AWSOME speach
ya know if you put a little white knob on top it'll look just like mine :mrgreen:
merc toy.jpg
merc toy.jpg (38.77 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
<> God is Great , Beer is Good , Boaters are Crazy <>

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Well said sir!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post