Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

72 hydro stream viper

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: 72 hydro stream viper

Just keep us posted on what you find out and the best of luck to you

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hi, I went to BPR last night and had Ronnie look at the boat- well he said it was in better shape than he thought it would be- he said the transom had no cracks in the corners and that was a good thing- he did find one little section where he believes there is rot- though it is small - he says the boat is in really good original condition for its age. He showed me some web site where I could change out my core without cutting the boat in half- he said it is time consuming and after talking to me for almost two hours he felt it was something I could handle. He also said if I gave him my power head off of the xr6 he could tweek it and make it put out over 240 hp. I told him if I keep the boat I was going to let him play with the motor. He said I could use it the way it is and still go fast ( between75- 90) but he wouldnt push it past that. He had said that his boat was in worst shape than mine when he pushed it and went I think but not sure about a hundred is when it came apart. But Im not sure about the speed. He wants me to take mine out on Sunday and go with them for a long ride- but I have an intake manifold on a van and a corvette steering colum to install. Besides I am not sure what to do about the boat. Im already into it for more than 7,000 if you count in the shipping. Boy I tell you if this guy who sold the boat to me lived in the same state- I would have rented a helicopter and dropped it on his house already.I have one question the floor of the boat is that plywood with fiberglass on it?? Thanks for giving me all the info on Ronnie- he really is a cool dude. Thanks for everything

JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I, FOR ONE, WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE A COSMETICALLY NICE BOAT THAT I NEED TO RECORE, THAN A NICELY RE-CORED BOAT NEEDING, STRIPPING, FILLING, SANDING, SANDING, SANDING, PRIMING, PAINTING, NEW WINDSHIELD, RUBRAIL, CARPET, SEATS, AND ALL THE OTHER CRAP DONE. A CORE IS A MISERABLE JOB, BUT NOT MORE MISERABLE THAT WEEKS OF COSMETICALLY RESTORING. TWO DAYS AT THE MOST WILL REMOVE THE BAD CORE, THE REST IS EASY.

BE GLAD YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO A COSMETIC RESTORATION.

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

JETMORE wrote:I, FOR ONE, WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE A COSMETICALLY NICE BOAT THAT I NEED TO RECORE, THAN A NICELY RE-CORED BOAT NEEDING, STRIPPING, FILLING, SANDING, SANDING, SANDING, PRIMING, PAINTING, NEW WINDSHIELD, RUBRAIL, CARPET, SEATS, AND ALL THE OTHER CRAP DONE. A CORE IS A MISERABLE JOB, BUT NOT MORE MISERABLE THAT WEEKS OF COSMETICALLY RESTORING. TWO DAYS AT THE MOST WILL REMOVE THE BAD CORE, THE REST IS EASY.

BE GLAD YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO A COSMETIC RESTORATION.

Hi, I will probably be doing the whole boat over the winter- as much as I would like to leave the hull alone, if I am going to recore it I might as well refinish the outside. I will do all the prep work and let somebody else spray it. I would like to make the inside (core) of the boat bullet proof. I dont care if the boat weighs a little bit more- I would take strength over lightness any day. I will just have Ronnie make the motor more powerfull. Im hoping to get my lower unit back from Ronnie tomorrow. I would like to take the boat out on Sunday and try to go fast. But he has not called so the boat ride will have to wait. :boating:

iqraceworks
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

What kind of setback are you running? LU height ?
1989 Vegas XT w/ 3.0 OMC Looper

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hi- my set back is 7 1/2 inches- my lower unit height is 1.25 inches below the bottom (center of the propeller shaft)- I set that up a while ago but have not tested it out yet. I was told that the set back is too much- they were saying no more than 5 inches- I trust them for they have way more time in the boat than I do, but for now I will run with what the boat came with- moneys a little tight right now. I will tell you this I have learned alot from this forum- these guys know there stuff!! I hope this helps :mrgreen:

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

For sale on e-bay???? :(

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hi, yes its for sale- I have to many projects plus I have to help pay for the house Im in right now- the rest of my family "doesnt have any more money to contribute" yet they are going out to hair salons buying stuff etc. but I have to sell my stuff to help pay for the taxes (real estate) and equity loan. I have already cashed in my gold stuff. I dont want to sell it . :(

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post