Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

bought a new boat...

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

bigboy
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: bought a new boat...

hydrostream76 wrote:idvette : yea that's not my garage, it's a nice looking collection ...... i wish
i just bought the boat, a spur of the moment decision.....i can't beleive i was looking at fishing boats . lol
i know the v hulls well, this is my first time with a tunnel of this calibre,. my 3rd hydrostream ... Valero Viper now HST.
pman ... yea AL is a nice guy ,he told me stories ....
i bought it no motor, all i have is a 200... stock, nice cover at least ... i'll post pics i need a nose cone and low water pick ups.
i had a 150 XP evinrude on the viper it had the nose cone... i got the 200 to put on it. but had to sell the boat last year.
this is the fun stuff setting it up, i'm open for comments and advice .
i know i'll never go the speeds al was going , he had an amazing motor.... 85 going over rough water will be a welcome change for me, compared to the Viper.....lol i dunno i hear the tunnel will be more stable.
hopefully i can start coming out to some runs as well ... Al was telling me he's on Fast Boats Canada ?...
He moved on to an STV .. dunno if it's the red one in the pics.
I would put the merc on and run it before winter gets there!
Sam Baker on this board his father ran close or 80mph with his HST with a stock 150 optimax (yes stock so no nosecone or whatever).

There is some footage of that boat on the internet.

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Extra sweet!

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

very nice boat just scattered my 95 200 efi merc today dropped a rod on number 6 cylinder so iam done for the season dont know what iam going to get on the back now thinking 260 bridgeport on my 06 comp hull vking
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
hydrostream76
Regular
Regular

260 bridgeport ... wow ...
i'd love to get one eventually ....
i hope to have the motor on this week..lotsa work cleaning out the garage ... it's been humid hot as hell

bigboy that's what i'm gonna do ... step by step ... i'll take it for a ride as soon as i get the motor on
go from there so i get the feel.

bigboy
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

hydrostream76 wrote:260 bridgeport ... wow ...
i'd love to get one eventually ....
i hope to have the motor on this week..lotsa work cleaning out the garage ... it's been humid hot as hell

bigboy that's what i'm gonna do ... step by step ... i'll take it for a ride as soon as i get the motor on
go from there so i get the feel.
Sounds good. My boat is comparable. I believe Al told ùe it weighs about 900 pounds bare hull.
I also have a 2.5 200. Hope to get it in the water next summer!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post