Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

ignition run/ kill wire

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
Fat Tony
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

ignition run/ kill wire

Hi all!!, I was wondering if any body knows which wire (color) on the engine harness on my 2000 xr6 150 is the ignition kill or run wire- I have done some mods to the boat and motor and would like to hook up the kill switch-before I go out in the boat again- the fastest I have gone is 63mph- now I know thats not fast by this forums standards but it is progression - it is currently not hooked up- the boat has an in the dash ignition switch and kill switch. I had read that it was the black with the yellow stripe- but Im not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :boating:

YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: ignition run/ kill wire

should be black with yellow stripe. wire it in the "normally open" position. when grounded it kills the motor.
81 vector....complete restore....1991 7 pedal 200 slightly modded
ALWAYS under construction

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE8wWZsFpw

Gibbs87VKing
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: ignition run/ kill wire

I just wired my Vking with a Quicksilver kill switch. Connect black wire to the black and yellow on switch box and green to ground. I don't have a fuel pump so didn't need white wire. Worked great. My uncle George owns Fuller Marine and Machine shop in Jersey and this how he recommended doing it. They Rock

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post