Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

bittersweet day

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

bittersweet day

Well I went into work today with the viper with the plan of getting the trailer all ready to go and most of the rigging done. One of the hinges on the overhead door broke so I had to weld it back together. I had the welder up on the skid loader and was trying to weld the thin brackets with a bunch of stitches and I felt some splatter on my arm so I shook it but it was still hot I looked over and my shirt was on fire as I'm on a ladder 20' up. After putting the fire out and getting the door working all I was able to get done was wheel bearings on the trailer.
Once I got home I wasn't in the best mood and someone was at my door. Last year a friend of a friend asked about me selling my CBR that I bought new in '96. I told him it wasn't for sale at the time but then shot him a high price to scare him off. Well he was at my door today with cash in hand so I had to watch it go onto his trailer.
I bought the bike as soon as I came back to MN from tech school in Fl. I always had other bikes so I only put 6000 miles on this one keeping it nice. I did drag race it and extended the swingarm and lowered it down and did the jet kit, filter adjustable ign. timing and degreed the cams. The best I ran was a 10.98 at 127 in the quarter. I did also pull a perfect .000 light with it once.
I thought about keeping it but I haven't had a plate on it since 04 and maybe put 200 miles on it a year. Now I'm going to bring the viper into the body shop and having them paint the top cap.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Vegas XT
Regular
Regular

Re: bittersweet day

Thats sweet. Good luck with the Viper.

Topic Author
77viper