Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

first hydrostream

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
medfordvixen
The new guy
The new guy

first hydrostream

Hello everyone. Im from medford wi and just bought a 1973 vixen with a 1986 75hp mercury. I don't really know much about the vixen and would really like to kno. w more. Like do they have a core and prop setup and lots more. This is my first boat and its a work in progress. Im excited glad to be a member.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: first hydrostream

hello and welcome the page hydrostream.org has any and everything you want to know about any hydrostream youll see the vixen just click on it and will give you lots of info on and yes should be a balsa core and its going to be bad so good grinder pry bar and tyvex suit and dust mask will be your best friend lol :up: upload some pictures also if you can so ppl here can get a better idea on what to help you with
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
medfordvixen
The new guy
The new guy

Well i think its all been redone cause it feels really strong and i was told from the lady i bought it from that the person she got it from had it in a ski show and re did everything.

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

pics pics pics :pound:
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Varigeo
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Congrats on The boat. Even though im new to these things as well unless the person has pics of redoing the core or you physically cut an inspection hole and have some one who knows hydrostreams inspect the core I wouldn't assume its good. Just don't wanna see or hear about people getting hurt while enjoying one of these boats.

JETMORE
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

YEAH, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, AND PUT A HOLE-SAW INTO THE FLOOR TOWARD THE STERN OF THE BOAT AND THEN POKE A LONG SCREWDRIVER WAY DOWN INTO THE CORE. IF IT IS BAD, YOU WILL PROBABLY FEEL A REEL MUSHY FEELING BEHING THE GLASS, AND SEE SOME BROWN WATERY LOOKING CRAP. IF IT IS MUSHY, THEN YOU GOTTA FIX IT. IF NOT, DRILL A COUPLE OF OTHER 2-3 INCH HOLES INSPECTING EACH SIDE OF THE PAD, AND THE PAD ITSELF, AT LEAST THE LAST FEW FEET OF THE BOAT. IF IT PASSES ALL THESE TESTS, PUSH AND TAP ALL OVER THE BOTTOM FOR DEFLECTION. I HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU, BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY BE DOING SOME GRINDING. GET READY FOR TYVEK AND LOTS OF 36 GRIT.

IT IS A COOL BOAT, THOUGH, AND WILL BE WORTH IT. WHEN YOU DO THE CORE, I AM HAPPY TO TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE IT FLY ONCE YOU TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post