Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

77 Viper with 100 johnson javelin

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
ssutter76
The new guy
The new guy

77 Viper with 100 johnson javelin

Hi - I'm new to the forum and am attempting to resurrect my 77 Viper with a Johnson Javelin 100 hp motors (with the correct matching gold fleck striped hood). The boat is in original condition with a good windshield and flawless vinyl interior but I blew out a cylinder wall on the motor 2 years ago. Aside from some normal wear on the gel coat, this is an excellent viper and I hate seeing it go to waste in my barn. Does anyone know where I can obtain a correct 100 HP Javelin Power head for this configuration? I've attempted to get my hands on a few and ended up with the wrong porting coming out the bottom of the motor where it connects to the middle case (forgive the improper term - I'm much better with 4 cycle automotive engine terminology). I know I could go after a whole new motor; however I want to keep the costs down and return this boat to as original condition as possible.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: 77 Viper with 100 johnson javelin

WELCOME and do you have any pics we here just LOVE pics

Topic Author
ssutter76
The new guy
The new guy

Re: 77 Viper with 100 johnson javelin

Thanks! I'm hoping I can use information on this forum to get this classic up and running. I will try and dig up some of the old pics I have of it - otherwise we will have to settle for the dirty look of it sitting in my barn!

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post