Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Post '77 HydroStream Ventura II owner and new member

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
xl428
The new guy
The new guy

Post '77 HydroStream Ventura II owner and new member

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I just wanted to introduce myself as your newest fool. I live in Austin, TX and have been here for twenty years, yet have never had a water toy. Now that all of the water is disappearing, I figured, why not? So in a period of two months, two relics came my way. One has been home for a month and the HydroStream Ventura II is coming home this weekend, providing I can get the motor to come up to transportation position. The wiring is butchered, so does anyone have a diagram so I can see 'what should be' in relation to 'what is'? The first relic that found me, as I like to say because I'm a magnet for 'rare', is a '64 barrel back Biesemeyer flat-bottom v-drive with a numbers matching, Nicson equipped '64 Pontiac 421HighOutput.Yikes! Given that it has normal delamination issues and has sat outdoors for twenty years, I thought I'd make that a winter project, and picked up this HydroStream, thinking I could be in the water for cheap, pretty fast. Hah! There's reason enough to question my judgment! Anybody local who could lay their eyes on this HS and provide some insight? Well, moving on. I'm a gear-head in general, but like old bikes and cars. I will be racing my 1913 Dixie Flyer Special motorcycle at the Barber Vintage Festival in their Race of the Century this October, so you're all welcome to watch me thrash an old lady for a couple of laps. She was put up in a potato barn in N. Idaho in 1944 and hasn't run since. I'll be starting it this weekend for the first time. Among many other tricks, it now has a titanium (atmospherically controlled) intake valve. That ought to let you read into my psyche. In addition, I still have my 930 going on 30 years of ownership next July, and restoring a loaded aqua/aqua '68 Galaxie XL convertible with Q-code 428. Best of all though, I've got a tech start-up happening, and we're about to crowd source fund the project on Indiegogo named DigiClaim, Inc.. We're using high definition 3D laser scanners to replace the human managed opinion-based vehicle damage assessment system with an automated, 3D expert system. You drive thru, press a button and a laser-scanner images your vehicle and within five minutes, your claims check pops out! It also automates the underwriting process. Rental car centers, severe weather event sites ( hail damage assessment) as well as big-box store parking lots (think WalMart) parking lots is where we'll install several hundred of these drive-thrus. We're also collaborating with UT Austin to build the prototype these next two semesters, so lots on my plate. Not much time for boats, but I'm getting sucked in. So that's part of who I am. Any comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally at five one duece, six tre duece, seventy7 twenty4OUR CST. I'm excited to be the least knowledegable part of the clan! Thanks in advance!! Dan King-LostinAustin!
Attachments
Passport photo.jpg
Passport photo.jpg (126.46 KiB) Viewed 2653 times

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post