Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Greetings from Washington State

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
Robbin
The new guy
The new guy

Greetings from Washington State

I happened upon the HydroStream forum while searching for performance boat sites. I have owned a 1987 HydroStream Vegas I/O since the spring of 1987. It has a 270hp MercCruiser Alpha 350cu. in. SB Chevy. I purchased the boat new from a small boat dealer in Bothell, Washington (~10 miles northeast of Seattle). I live in southeastern Washington in West Richland. For those of you unfamiliar with Washington State, southeastern WA is not like the north and west side of the state which is mountainous with large forests. It is more like southern Nevada, and Arizona...very dry with great river and lake recreation. I can be on the vast Columbia River within 5 minutes from my home.

While my Vegas I/O is obviously not nearly as fast as the outboards (hauling a 900 lb. V8 and I/O, it rides and handles great, and can run all day at 60mph at only 5,000 rpm with a pleasing low roar of the thru-hull exhaust. The boat has under 200 hours on it. It sits stored in my shop, sometimes years, as I only put in on the water every few years as I have several other boats.

It is great to have the ability to contact other HydroStream enthusiasts across the U.S.

Thanks,
Robbin
Attachments
Boat 5.JPG
Boat 5.JPG (103.19 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
Boat 4.JPG
Boat 4.JPG (81.35 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
Boat 2.JPG
Boat 2.JPG (67.5 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
Boat 1.JPG
Boat 1.JPG (79.89 KiB) Viewed 4344 times

Sonik
Regular
Regular

Re: Greetings from Washington State

Welcome Robbin,

You've come to the right place! The boat you have is super cool because A. .....you've owned it all its life, and B. ......there were only a handful of them ever built with I/O power. Beautiful and unusual boat!! There is a wealth of information to absorb if you feel the need. Just poke around a bit, take your shoes off, grab a seat and stay a while. :up:

Jeff

1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Welcome Robbin!!
I live in S.E. Alaska and have property in Okanogan, Wa. I spent several summer vacations visiting friends in Kennewick, playing on the awesome Columbia river!! Running jet ski's and watching the hydroplane races. I have a Virage up in Okanogan now and just sold a Viper I ran up in Lake Chelan and the Okanogan river. Not many performance boats running around up at our end of the state. Glad to see another HydroStream in Washington.

Oct. 2012, we towed our Viper to Minnesota to do the "frost your nuts" run. What a blast running for the first time with several Hydrostreams and hanging out with Howard Pipcorn for the afternoon. Hope to see you out sometime. :up:
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

welcome to the forum! nice boat too. Those motors sound sweet with thru hull setups. I had a Carlson glastron with that powerplant. makes for a nice hot rod.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post