Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New kid on the block.

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: New kid on the block.

77viper wrote:Welcome
If the small sample you can get with a floor in is bad there's going to be worse someplace.

Man I remember when I broke my femur, 6 month's with no weight then another 2 with limited weight. I couldn't work so by the end I had a Mazda be 200 with t tops out of a Daytona and a set of carbs off a for 600.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Did you get surgery when you broke your femur? They put a rod in mine because it completely snapped and they had me putting limited weight on it literally the next morning. Also they have me starting physical therapy tomorrow. They said the rod is full weight bearing and i should put as much weight as possible given comfort levels and should be able to walk with a cane by the end of february. They are predicting being fully recovered in 3-4 months.

P.S. sorry to get off topic of hydros its just this is somewhat important to me right now haha

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I just had 3 screws installed. I went over backwards on a street bike and put a foot down and ended up breaking the ball off the end of the femur. I wish they did a hip replacement then but should have it done this year.

Back to boating, I have blown a vking over at about 110 and rolled a dr20 at about 100 and made it to work the next day both times. Boats are safer but can be deadly!

Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

77viper wrote:
Boats are safer but can be deadly!

NOW you tell me.............................. :o

Sonik
Regular
Regular

transomstand wrote:
If it is not in great shape, IT IS TERRIBLE, there are no in betweens. The boat is dangerous.
Dont take Pete's comment personally, but I will tell you that what he says is 100% truth....and my boat was a prime example of what appeared to be a well kept original....and it was, but the core was still a mess. If there is rot or water in the core above the floor line, then I will almost promise you that the core in the pad area (important because thats where the stringers are :up:) is a mess as well. And thats essentially the same as having a broken back.

The boat looks like the original gel is in excellent shape and its most certainly worth preserving and doing right, time and able body permitting of course! Good luck and nice boat!! :up:

1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Sonik wrote:
Dont take Pete's comment personally, but I will tell you that what he says is 100% truth....and my boat was a prime example of what appeared to be a well kept original....and it was, but the core was still a mess. If there is rot or water in the core above the floor line, then I will almost promise you that the core in the pad area (important because thats where the stringers are :up:) is a mess as well. And thats essentially the same as having a broken back.

The boat looks like the original gel is in excellent shape and its most certainly worth preserving and doing right, time and able body permitting of course! Good luck and nice boat!! :up:
yup take them.......Pete's been around a...longggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time........................... :o

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Sonik wrote:

Thanks, I joined here so that I can gain knowledge so nothing taken personally just as a lesson :up: I will be doing the core over now its just a bunch of research to learn exactly what I'm doing, I have a good idea but I want to be completely sure what I'm doing before I start taking things apart. I really wish I could have it ready for spring but at this rate I don't see that happening. How long does it usually take someone to recore a boat their first time?

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

It's hard to say but I will take a guess at 100 hours? I've been told some guys can do it in a weekend but have yet to see it. I enjoy working with fiberglass and have done some extensive projects and at some point in the build I wanted to give up. All that goes away the first time on the water.

Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

This is what happens with a bad core.

Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Ron who's boat is that?

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

I'm not sure Russ. It was posted over on the S&F site a while back. I saved the pictures for posts like this.
I know it's not Ronnies. I believe it's an older picture.
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post