Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New kid on the block.

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

New kid on the block.

Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is James from new jersey I'm 19 years old and about halfway through last summer I bought myself a viper. I have always been around boats since I was little. My family used to be into big boats such as our 41 silverton, until we moved to a lake we sold the big boat and we had a few i/o speedboats like our previous 29 formula and now our 25 eliminator daytona. Then one day after my dad was showing me pictures of his vector he used to have when he was younger and I got it in my head to get myself a hydrostream. Well I found my viper and I'm hooked. :boating:

Picture of when I got it

After some minor wet sanding and detailing to bring some shine back to the paint and fully stripping the trailer and repainting it.
I know they aren't the greatest pictures but thats all I have for now sorry.

and one in the water with my dads eliminator behind it

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Re: New kid on the block.

Is your dad looking to adopt anyone? You guys got nice stuff haha. And that viper looks mint :up:

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

aaron78viper wrote:Is your dad looking to adopt anyone? You guys got nice stuff haha. And that viper looks mint :up:
Haha idk about adopting anyone but thank you for the compliments!

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

I have to ask, do you know if the core has been replaced in that viper? I know its in amazing shape, but I also have seen the core in my boat. It was dirt at this point. Did the previous owner provide pictures of a rebuild?

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

aaron78viper wrote:I have to ask, do you know if the core has been replaced in that viper? I know its in amazing shape, but I also have seen the core in my boat. It was dirt at this point. Did the previous owner provide pictures of a rebuild?
I don't know if the core was replaced at this point I'm assuming it needs to be replaced I have checked into it and it is not in great shape but it is also not terrible. I cant complain though because with what I paid for it i have no problem doing a recore. I had planned on recoring it before the summer along with a new jackplate however 2 weeks ago today I broke my femur in a crash riding motocross and that has put a big setback in all my projects. So we will see when I have a chance at getting to doing it but it will get done for sure. :up:

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

viper_James wrote: I don't know if the core was replaced at this point I'm assuming it needs to be replaced I have checked into it and it is not in great shape but it is also not terrible. I cant complain though because with what I paid for it i have no problem doing a recore. I had planned on recoring it before the summer along with a new jackplate however 2 weeks ago today I broke my femur in a crash riding motocross and that has put a big setback in all my projects. So we will see when I have a chance at getting to doing it but it will get done for sure. :up:
definitely something to look into. Ive seen pics of a stream that fell apart at highspeed. It looked like someone took a sawzall to the hull.

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

viper_James wrote: I have checked into it and it is not in great shape but it is also not terrible.
If it is not in great shape, IT IS TERRIBLE, there are no in betweens. The boat is dangerous.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

aaron78viper wrote: definitely something to look into. Ive seen pics of a stream that fell apart at highspeed. It looked like someone took a sawzall to the hull.
I believe I have seen the pics you are talking about or at least ones similar to it, it looks like the boat hit a wall and exploded. Thank you for the heads up, i will be on it as soon as I'm back on my feet.

Topic Author
viper_James
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

transomstand wrote:
If it is not in great shape, IT IS TERRIBLE, there are no in betweens. The boat is dangerous.
I didn't think it was terrible however I'm no expert. But like I said I have plans to do it before the summer and boating season comes but a broken femur and not being able to walk has put any of my projects on a stand still. Once I get back on my feet I will get it done for sure :up:

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Welcome
If the small sample you can get with a floor in is bad there's going to be worse someplace.

Man I remember when I broke my femur, 6 month's with no weight then another 2 with limited weight. I couldn't work so by the end I had a Mazda be 200 with t tops out of a Daytona and a set of carbs off a for 600.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post