Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New Member from SW Michigan

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
cyhuff
The new guy
The new guy

New Member from SW Michigan

Hi fellow Hydrostream lovers,

Thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and the "pride of my fleet" 1977 Viper.

I got the boat back in 2012 for what I thought was a good price. I had done (I thought) enough internet research to know how to check for a rotten core. I banged and knocked all over the bottom of the hull and the floor and as far as I could tell there were no bad spots. While the seller did not specifically say it had been re-cored, it was kind of implied, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The interior was re-done and practically flawless, which may have influenced my thinking. You'd think a 54 y.o. guy who spent part of his career owning a used car business would be more cynical, but oh well. Long story short, I had Lynn Mack in Tawas, MI, re-core the boat for me, and now all is well.

I got my first Hydrostream (a Viper also) brand new back in 1987, and to this day wish I'd never parted with it. I'd buy it back in a second if I knew where it was... nothing wrong with having 2 Vipers is there? LOL. The 1987 was Blue/Silver metalflake with a 1984 Evinrude V4. The engine matched the boat color perfectly, it was just a gorgeous boat. Timeless, like most of the 'Streams.

My 1977 is Coco Loco as you can see by the pics. The motor is not really a 90, but a rebuilt '76 or '77 1500. While I liked the colors of the '87 better, the Coco Loco with the Merc is growing on me.

Anyhoo, comments on my boat are welcome, and if anyone is in the SW Michigan area, please introduce yourself so we can maybe hook up in the future. In face would love to hear from fellow Hydrostreamers wherever you are.

Trace Huff

Otsego, MI
Attachments
100_2046.JPG
100_2046.JPG (449.46 KiB) Viewed 3322 times
100_2043.JPG
100_2043.JPG (483.93 KiB) Viewed 3322 times
100_2042.JPG
100_2042.JPG (559.78 KiB) Viewed 3322 times
100_2039.JPG
100_2039.JPG (640.01 KiB) Viewed 3322 times

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: New Member from SW Michigan

welcome

Topic Author
cyhuff
The new guy
The new guy

Russ,

Thanks for the welcome. I just finished reading about the entire forum and found it really informative, with great pics and a nice sense of community.

Seems like the site peaked in about 2012, posts kinda tapered off after that. Hope I haven't missed the boat. Again, would love to hear from any fellow Michigan 'streamers. I can share more about my boat if anyone is interested.

Trace

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

yeh it's been kinda quiet around here.....................

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think with how popular Facebook has become it's slowed down here a bit. Hopefully it will pick back up soon. Either way, I'm not letting the site go anywhere anytime soon. :)

Also, welcome to the site and if you need anything, please ask and I will do my best to help and if I can't, I'm sure someone else will. :up:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

I even gave up my AOL logal in my sig............................... :o

Topic Author
cyhuff
The new guy
The new guy

Thanks Hippie,

for founding the site and the welcome and offers to help. Hope I can be of help to someone here someday.

Maybe these pics will stir up some comments. After getting my 1500 powerhead rebuilt I painted it red. I think it looks really trick, but others may not. Comments are welcome, positive or negative.

Trace
Attachments
100_1033.jpg
100_1033.jpg (201.59 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
100_1029.JPG
100_1029.JPG (513.74 KiB) Viewed 3277 times

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Hippie459MN wrote:I think with how popular Facebook has become it's slowed down here a bit. Hopefully it will pick back up soon. Either way, I'm not letting the site go anywhere anytime soon. :)

Also, welcome to the site and if you need anything, please ask and I will do my best to help and if I can't, I'm sure someone else will. :up:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
I need help.....where's my hydrostream decals..................................... :o

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Welcome Trace.
This site is full of great info.
I recently rebuilt a Viper, enjoyed it, sold it, and now putting a Virage together.

Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

proprider
Regular
Regular

Hey Trace, welcome to the addiction! I recently relocated to southern Michigan and am in Deerfield, just east of Adrian. I too, have a Viper, but have yet to get it on the water. Mine was in need of a recore as well, along with a new transom. I chose to do the work myself. It was my first attempt at such an undertaking and has take me awhile. The recore is finished and the new transom is in. I now need to blueprint the bottom and finish the deck. I'm planning to run a V-6 Merc but don't have one ready to go yet. I have a lot of places near me to test it and run it.
This past fall I went over to Coldwater Mi. and met some fast boat guys there that were drag racing outboards. It was quite a casual meet on a sandbar and was a really good time. I hope to be able to hang on the sandbar this year with my Viper. That is a real nice rig you have there and would love to meet up with you sometime.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post