Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New owner of 89 Hydrostream Verado

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

let me know if you decide to sell the boat.I may be interested in it

Topic Author
toolcrib
The new guy
The new guy

I have been making use of the boat, and have been having fun even with the little 90 hp. The new winch setup works great, as I can load the boat quickly and easily with the bunks extending an inch or two past the transom.

I have replaced the jackplate with a manual one, as the land'n'sea one leaked down and the worn bushings resulted in a couple degrees of tuck. Replacing the jackplate gave me a chance to look at the transom more closely and it is more solid than I expected. I also added a reinforcement to the transom which is a 4" aluminum channel in the motor-well that comes to within an inch of each side. The slight bow of the transom remained and the aluminum bent into position, I am taking that as a good sign.

I have also replace the 15" pitch aluminum prop with a 21" pitch Laser II. This change allowed me to see a peak speed of 54 mph and consistent running around 52. This is probably slow for a hydrostream, but I was surprised that a 90 hp motor would get me there. The boat seems to be working well, although days when I can run it on Lake Winnebago are quite limited.

As a side item, I saw a white Hydrostream Verado tied up in Oshkosh, WI on Memorial day. I did not see it run, but my coworker noticed it as well when it was running and said it was pretty quick. Is that boat owned by someone on this forum?

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: New owner of 89 Hydrostream Verado

you still have this boat?

Topic Author
toolcrib
The new guy
The new guy

Yes,

I have not been using it much lately, because I have moved to Wisconsin Rapids.

I did get the boat out yesterday, but I got greedy with prop pitch and could not get the boat on plane. Oops.

I have sold the Nissan engine and have a 125HP 1.5L Optimax on the boat now. With this engine and a 26P Trophy plus prop I was able to touch 66 mph. I was over revving the engine and getting power cuts as a result. I tried a 28P Trophy plus prop yesterday, and could not get the boat to climb onto plane. I may try a 27P Trophy plus prop before going back to the 26P one. Fortunately I have access to several propellers, so can try one at a time until I am happy.

Andrew

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

sounds great

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post