Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New Vking owner 1983

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
83VKING
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

New Vking owner 1983

Hello Everyone!

This summer i purchased my first Hydrostream, a 1983 Hydrostream Vking with the original motor, 1983 Mercury 115hp. The color is black with the blue metal flake accent. i apologize if i do not have the correct color name. i have done a lot of research on the web and do not seem to find a lot of litutre on the specific model year.

I have been on the lookout for a Vking for over 10 years. The reason i waited so long is because i wanted a virgin Vking. from what i have found out i believe i am the 2nd owner. The boat is untouched.everything is original. The windshield barley has scratches, emblems are not to pitted. The boat is very oxidized. which leaves me with hope with a good buff the color will come right back.

However with everything original i knew going into this the boat will need a complete rebuild. over the past few months i have been slowly getting closer to the core and the transom. I have now the hull completely sanded down and the transom is out. i have been reading a lot of theses really great threads about stream rebuilds. very great reading. I will start my own thread with my progress and will post a lot of pictures (once i figure out how to, still new to the forum). I will also upload videos on youtube to share the progress. I am in NH and we are getting down the 30's at night. as much as I want to, fiberglassing will have to wait until spring, to cold to glass in my book. This will give me all winter to gather my materials and great ideas from everyone to rebuild the stream to my liking.

This is not my first boat rebuild however it is my first stream. I have rebuilt in the past, a 74 Glastron Carlson CV16 super Purple Flake, 77 CVX16 Deluxe orange flake (small triangle pad about 15 inches long, doesn't compare to the Vking Pad which is the real deal), and a 74 CV21 powered by a 72 455olds with berkeley jet place diverter.

My goal is to have the boat rebuilt and in a classic boat show but the end of July 2017.

Look forward to talking to everyone.
1983 V-King - '83 115 Merc Tower of Power
1974 Glastron Carlson CV21- Berkeley Jet 455 Olds

AdamDK

New Vking owner 1983

Welcome to the HS forums! There is tonnes of information here...more than you'll find anywhere else on the web.
Sounds like your VKing is the "Bruiser" color scheme.
http://hydrostream.org/Specific%20Models/Colors.htm

I think you may have to make a few posts before the forum allows you to add pictures/attachments, but i'm not sure how many posts. Hippie459MN, the site owner/admin, will be able to tell you.
Another option is to upload the images elsewhere (like ImageShack or Photobucket) and then link to them in your posts.

Topic Author
83VKING
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

New Vking owner 1983

The Brusier color scheme is the correct color. Thanks for pointing this out. I will use one of those websites. i think having a visual will better represent what i am talking about.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

New Vking owner 1983

:up:

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

New Vking owner 1983

so where do you live again.......and where did you buy the boat?

Topic Author
83VKING
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

New Vking owner 1983

I am located in Londonderry NH, i found the boat in Concord NH. the boat was last registered in 1989. apparently he ran it on the Merrimack River and a small lake near there. when i went to the state DMV to register they had no record of the boat. (even though it was registered in NH perviously, In NH the registration numbers stay with the boat. not this case because the did not have a record of it!) their data base must not date back to 1989.. there is a sticker on the transom and on the motor from the dealer when he bought it new. is says middlesex power equipment and marine, Tyngsborough MA.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

New Vking owner 1983

yup that place sold streams back then......I'm in Litchfield

Topic Author
83VKING
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

New Vking owner 1983

Wow that's neat. Do you Cruise the Merrimack? I know there is no speed limit there. I will be on winni, the construction of the boat will be built to take some good slams.. I really want to hand lay the glass to make the hull thick. Scary how thin hydrostream made made the hull. I know it was built for speed and weight was a big factor.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

New Vking owner 1983

we'll have to meet for breakfast one day

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

New Vking owner 1983