Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

New to this forum

Stop in and introduce yourself and say hello.

Topic Author
tnelson77
Regular
Regular

New to this forum

Hello all,
New to the forum, not new to Hydrostreams. I'm from Minnesota. I have a '78 Viking that was passed down to my brother and I from my father and uncle. I grew up in this boat every summer at the cabin. It was our family ski boat. Power is a '80 or '82 model 175hp Mercury v6. Never had a jack plate and ran a 19p stainless prop, like I said, ski boat haha. It was well maintained, covered and garaged at all times when not in the water. But, as with all of these boats, it needs its all. It was a complete running boat the last time it was out. Sadly the soft core allowed a large crack to form below the driver seat after coming over a large wake. That was the last time it was in the water.
We started the process about ten years ago and removed all the core and transom. The top deck was split from the bottom along the seam to just past the windshield to allow for removal and installation of a new transom. The new transom is in and the top is glassed back down. At that point we ran out of money(we were only 23 and 20 at the time) so the boat was pushed out side where it has sat pretty much since then. I've finally found the drive to finish the project agin and get this bad boy running.

So here's where it sits. It has been outside, uncovered, under trees, on a rotten bunk trailer, with no core. There seems to be a fair amount of damage to the underside of the hull from disassembly and from the trailer.
Along the way I bought another boat and trailer. Its a '80 Baker Custom Boat, I wanted the tandem trailer it was on along with the Hot Foot, Gaffrig gauges, and manual jack plate. The past few days I finally got it swapped onto the new trailer. I worked as welder/metal fabricator for the past decade, so I was able to do this work myself.
I'm thinking this winter might be the year to finish the project, depending on how the side money looks. I plan to do the work myself in my garage.
Here's a shot of how it sits now, its a sad sight to see compared to what it used to be. But its on its new tandem axle trailer.
Attachments
IMG_5056.JPG
IMG_5056.JPG (1.87 MiB) Viewed 4299 times

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post