Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Todd buckets installed

Looking for help with your interior? What better place to ask then here.

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

Todd buckets installed

Hey All,

Here are some pics of the new Todd buckets in the Virage on 6" fixed bells with sliders and swivels. I did not grind the floor where the boxes were I figure I'll be cutting up the brand new 1/2" BS1088 Okoume floor that was just installed in about a month or so anyhow. I may still lower them some I do really like seeing over the dash though. Oh and I got the alien cowl installed which should help it breath a little. Did not get any time to test this weekend. Next weekend is a long weekend. I know where I will be unless the back seat shows up this week. I plan on having the piping color matched to the blue and I am changing the decals on the cowl to the blue background MERC like on the 280's.

rgds,

Dave
Attachments
IMG_7879.JPG
IMG_7879.JPG (75.21 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
IMG_7876.JPG
IMG_7876.JPG (46.13 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
IMG_7877.JPG
IMG_7877.JPG (43.09 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
IMG_7874.JPG
IMG_7874.JPG (43.13 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
IMG_7871.JPG
IMG_7871.JPG (43.35 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
IMG_7870.JPG
IMG_7870.JPG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 6666 times

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: Todd buckets installed

Looks good,hate to hear that you might have to rip up the floor!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Looks good Dave. How do they feel?
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

Hi Ron,

They have a lot more support in the seat and upper back the foam is good and stiff you do not sink in like in a skater bolster or the like, I would probably spend more money on better slides (the ones I used are swivel-eze and they have a little play in the mechanism) or make lower posts and use a very good fixed slide assembly. they move very freely front and back and swivel quite nicely, I would also make a floor support that has a little taper front to back to give the seat some rake. I was searching for seats for fun and I did come across some cool seating one is Porter the model is a Tofino, they looked really good high back they even break it down and show pictures of the human body in there description and how the seats supports you different places, then I saw a pic of the back and it has a big plastic storage locker in it - UGHH! and they were like 640 EURO each. Overall for the money I think these are ok, I cannot wait to see it with the back seat in and complete. still cheaper than custom and installed a couple hours, mainly cause I could not make up my mind on placement LOL. More important the wife really likes them more of an excuse to spend $$ when it is approved.

Topic Author
crankbearing
The new guy
The new guy

Took it out tonight for a good run, the seats are really nice and have a lot of support. I still need to play with props, I have my 4 blade performance prop DR4 30P on right now, but at high speed and the motor high it almost feels like it's chine walking. I dropped it down a bit, trimmed in and out trying to come out of it and it just got worst although I was surrounded by 100 sailboats and rollers were coming from every angle not a perfect high speed run moment. We have along weekend this weeked so I will get if figured out. I wish my 30 Spinelli was a fat shaft.

rgds,

Dave

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post