Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

TOWER OF NO POWER

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
STREAMFREAK
The new guy
The new guy

TOWER OF NO POWER

Well I did the plunge last fall and bought a Vector with a 79 115 tower of power off of Craigslist that I felt I got a pretty good deal on and knew of the boat and its location.I did the test drive and was happy until the motor stuck a cylinder last Labor day weekend.So over the winter I tore down the powerhead for a rebuild and had it bored and new rings etc.So now its back together and first outing ran great to the other side of the lake and like a switch going on or off It lost power over 1/4 throttle.Idled fine but no power.I also noticed the volt meter reading 16 plus volts.I did a Ohm test and found the voltage regulator and stator bad so I replaced both.Starts great now,idles ok,revs up nicely, voltage good but still no power or much of anything past a idle.Im gonna test the Trigger tomorrow but before I buy more parts any ideas?Switch boxes?Thanks for any ideas.

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Re: TOWER OF NO POWER

I don't really have an answer to your problem but just a story for thought. When you work on the engine disconnect the battery and turn the key as if to start it after disconnecting the battery. Those tower of power engines hold a charge and can zap you if your aren't cautious. Not a subtle zap by any means.....sorry I don't have an answer to your immediate question, Thats one for the pros.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post