Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

200 efi oil flow issue

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
street
The new guy
The new guy

200 efi oil flow issue

I have a 2003 200 efi 3.0 that has been been having a issue of keeping the reservoir tank on the engine full. I topped of the 2.5 gallon tank on the boat checked and tightened all the caps and any connection and let the motor in idle fill the on engine oil tank to the top and tightened the cap down.
I thought the problem was solved but once it drew the reservoir tank down enough -r the warning beeps.
I re-checked all the simple issues caps and connection but this time i opened the line that fills the engine tank to see if there was a flow of oil and there was and the rate of oil was right at 1 ounce a minute at idle ( 6-800) rpm.
Reconnected the oil to fill the reservoir and the rate of oil flowing into reservoir is not the same rate as where i measured from...i know there would be a draw of oil to the motor but the flow to the tank does not seem right. The only other thing that is left to check is there is a in-line filter or maybe a check valve that close to the reservoir . I cannot remember if this was part of the package when i replaced the tank a few years back.
Is this something that would restrict flow if its a check valve or is it a filter? The filter in the big reservoir tank was perfectly clean.

If this valve is not the culprit what is my next step?

AdamDK

Re: 200 efi oil flow issue

Some things you should check are mentioned in this:

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/108514-mercury-using-way-too-much-oil.html

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post