Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Odred a new Bob's low water pick up and now looking at a jac

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: Odred a new Bob's low water pick up and now looking at a

u can just hook up the water hose up to side of the fitting that is on the lower unit not on the low water pickup and use that for your water and plug up the holes on the factory pickups it works just fine i like taking my lower unit of perferably in the winter and just putting in garabe bag and putting in my closet lol
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

alaskastreamin
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

32:1 is too much oil for a fishing motor. You will foul plugs and end up getting carbon deposits behind the rings. Not good. Pistons swell and the rings need the groove to move into.

At 5800 rpm's, a proper oil injection is putting out 50:1. As the throttle is backed off, the oil is reduced (in an injection system).
With this information, you can adjust your pre mix oil to your running rpm's.
A race motor that turns 8500 rpm's run 32:1 due to the rpm's. A promax that turns 6700 rpm's is at 40:1.
My family run-about with a '97 175 Merc runs consistantly at 3600 rpm's. I mix my oil at 75:1 and have for the past four years with no problems. Just good FYI to know. :up:
Ron Pratt
Okanogan, WA
Viper/ 2.5L 200 Merc (SOLD)
1991 "the last" Virage/ 15" 280
2003 9’ Mini Virage/ 15 hp Honda 4-stroke
1989 Voyager/ 300 Promax
1989 HST / 2.5L 200 Merc
http://www.prattcustoms.com

Topic Author
Fly N By
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

alaskastreamin wrote:32:1 is too much oil for a fishing motor. You will foul plugs and end up getting carbon deposits behind the rings. Not good. Pistons swell and the rings need the groove to move into.

At 5800 rpm's, a proper oil injection is putting out 50:1. As the throttle is backed off, the oil is reduced (in an injection system).
A race motor that turns 8500 rpm's run 32:1 due to the rpm's. A promax that turns 6700 rpm's is at 40:1.
My family run-about with a '97 175 Merc runs consistantly at 3600 rpm's. I mix my oil at 75:1 and have for the past four years with no problems. Just good FYI to know. :up:
alaskastreamin wrote:32:1 is too much oil for a fishing motor. You will foul plugs and end up getting carbon deposits behind the rings. Not good. Pistons swell and the rings need the groove to move into.

Ya ya ya I'm doing what the eninge builder told to run it at. my Merc never see 3600 rpms with the prop slipage .the comp is the same it was 5 years ago never fouled a plug .my enigne turn 8000 rpm where the timming is set .them guys from the state of TN know there Merc 200's .got clocked at 82 mph on the river my only problem is I'm getting steering lock the speedmeter is saying 65 and now we have gps its 85 and I'm locking so 10'' setback jac and new steering set up should get to 100mph so your 50:1 I'm going to have to pass but thanks for the info .My son is looking at buying a AE21 Red white and blue That one will have a big Pabst decal .

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post