Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Any one ever own a Hydrostream Vulture??

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

eelrev
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: Any one ever own a Hydrostream Vulture??

I love my vulture it is a '77 but has the alluminum "brackets" I would strongly recomend at least 200 v6 hp on back if you want to come up on your pad. Randy in avon mn (GPI gran prix international) has built all my motors for me and he does a great job for a very reasonable price. My 2.4 is a bit green yet but Randy had it going 78+ when taking it out on the virgin voyage. It is a great ski boat, cruise boat, take 6 people with comfortably and still do high 60's. What more could you want? in bigger water it will acually take some waves too. I have had mine up on lake superior several times even all the way out to devils island and back 18 miles one way. You will love it and you can still scare the crap out of your wifey.HA HA Mine is in the boat show under 77 time capsule Have a gooder eelrev

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mine is a 77 also but does not have the brackets but I'm sure I will be putting them on there before I seal up the core and stuff.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

dan twiford
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Own a 1981 Vulture powered by a 225 Merc. Has a bracket with 12 inches of setback. The boat hauls the mail and runs very stable on the pad.Takes lots of HP a BIG prop and setback to get the Vulture to fly. Mine is converted to a sundeck rear with four bucket seats. It's the only one I have ever seen with the original red and white gelcoat. The boat has the 20 gallon tank and with the sundeck lift up hatch we can stash an extra 12 gallon tank for those days when we want to air it out...the 225 likes gas. To anyone doing a restoration I would suggest the sundeck hatch. Four people is really all you want on most rides anyway. The sundeck also creates a vertical wall in which I have speakers mounted. Real nice spot to store your gear and the wife likes it too to catch some rays. We love our Vulture and would recommend getting one if you can. It's funny, on the Hydrostream history page it stated that the Vulture was Hydrostream's best selling boat...what happended to all of them? The survey of boats owned on this site show the Vulture a as a low pop. model. I have never seen another one in the Tidewater area of Va. where we live.
1981 Vulture powered by a Merc 225

Topic Author
russelljwr
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

That sounds really sweet!! Do you have any pictures???

eelrev
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Hey Dan what are you refering to as far as a sundeck?? My hull is closed in the front and there is no way I would comprimise that beautifull deck please tell me what you are talking about I have a great rockin' system aboard but I would rather listen to the music of my MERC but as time has gone on and crappy boats have pulled up next to me forcing me to listen to their distorted country music I decided to not let that happen again and made my boat rock !!!! Not that I force the dead kenedys on them but if I must there is some suicidals in my arsenal with about 750 watts at my disposal. Now any one game to have some some fun come on down this next week is supposed to be awsome so lets throw up soe tails and leave some posers ( bass boats and offshore v bottoms with big car engines ) in our roosters , drink a few beers and enjoy our selves before these asian carp wreck every thing that we love the clock is ticking!!!!!!!

Topic Author
russelljwr
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Well guys finally got it home and all I have to say is Holly crap is that a long boat. I new that it was 20ft but it seems so much longer due to the width of the boat. I will post some pictures of it soon as I retake smaller meg pictures. I didn't relize that you could only post pictures with 1 megabite or smaller. Ccrick I will send you some pictures of the motor if your friend is interested in it. I am also going to be selling the power trim with it too. You also asked where I boat at. I am normally at Crystal lake, or Higgins lake for boating season.

eelrev
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Congrats you will love your vulture yeah they are kinda long but you like that extra length if you ever find yourself in some bigger water. I have even had mine up on superior also lake huron in ontario. What color scheme is it ? And what are you powering it with?

dan twiford
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Want to see what a sundeck conversion looks like Russell ? look at the pics we have posted in our picture gallery...and eelrev, why would anyone want to cut out their deck??? sundecks are always on the rear of the boat between the rear seats and the splashwell...hope that gives you folks the info. you wanted. Getting ready to drop in our Stream again today. Took it out for a short run yesterday but it was too choppy, today it's glass. Yesterday was the first ride in the Vulture since I restored the old original B & M trailer. Came out bad *** with the diamond plate steps, a new tounge jack, new rims, tires, bearings, lights winch etc. I will post some more pics of the whole rig. The finishing touch was the Hydrostream Performance Boats decals in white on the black trailer. I showed up at the ramp and the people noticed....
1981 Vulture powered by a Merc 225

Topic Author
russelljwr
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I just posted two pictures of the boat in my album. I will be repainting it this coming month. I will be repainting it the same color scheme. I just want it to look newer. It is powered by a inline 6 cyl mercury 150. I believe I will be selling it and getting a newer mercury 200. There is nothing wrong with the motor I just want the 200 to power it. MORE POWER!!

Topic Author
russelljwr
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

So does any one know what a 1974 Mercury 150hp running motor with power trim and controls included would cost??? That's what I will be sellin in the next month or so.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post