Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Who has my old 99mph Viking ?

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
jeff24
The new guy
The new guy

Who has my old 99mph Viking ?

Hi, Now 50 I use to run these boats and win alot of races in the mid to late 80's. I found a 17 I use to own but not my favorite 18. If anyone knows this boat please email me jefflyman@hotmail.com.

It was a 1984? I think, blue and black bruiser. I had a 260 dinoed hp 1983 Merc. Mod VP that was modifyed by Chip Watkins out of Long Island New York and it ran on Aviation fuel only. It had a CMC power lift with polished stainless reinforcing plates on the transom and controls on foot control. I had a custom made alluminum fuel tank mounted to the left side rear and in the gunnel to offset drivers weight. The dash was all polished stainless steel with a Norsgoge speedo, Hot foot throttle. At the time I ran a 32 pitch Spinelli solid prop. The hull was all stock except the bottom pad when brand new was "blueprinted". All the edges were sharpe 90's and the pad had no hook and flat as possible painted a flat black in the wetted area only. The boat had unblievable repsonse to trim just a touch of the button is all it took. Best finish was in Buffalo NY took a 3rd out of about 50 boats and NEVER lost a local race! I sold it to a guy in upstate New York and that is where I curtently live. The boats name and my nickname was "Mad Dog" the name was painted on the both sides below the mouldings. Also on the back transom it said " Who Needs Nitrous", they hated that part LOL. PLease find my boat !!!!

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Who has my old 99mph Viking ?

Welcome to the site and good luck with the search. I'd love to find my original Vulture as well but have not been able to track down a lead. :up:

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the site and I also wish you luck finding your old boat. As for the who needs nitrous... it's not necessarily a need but more of a want thing :mrgreen:
Last edited by 77viper on May 04, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

check ith Jon50 he lives on the Island , he on the Scream and Fly website

• Random Topics
    Replies