Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

77 Hydrostream Viper Transom

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
JAM250
The new guy
The new guy

77 Hydrostream Viper Transom

I have a 77 Viper that I have had for a long time. I totally redid the interior and was enjoying the boat when the motor failed. I decided to kick it up a nothch and put a 175 Merc on it. I just had the motor built and the motor was being mounted. The engine guy told me the transom needs some work. I am trying to get as much information about the original specifications of the transom as possible to sure it up as close to factory specs as possible. Is there anyone who can help me with this?
Attachments
77HS_Viper.jpg
77HS_Viper.jpg (185.2 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
JAM
[album]403[/album]

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: 77 Hydrostream Viper Transom

Welcome to the forum.

I hate to be the one that tells you this but if your transom needs some work you are in for a little more work than just a transom. I would be willing to say there is no way the core is still good unless it was replaced already. Doing a transom and adding fairly big power with a bad core is dangerous to you and your passengers, it's not if it delaminates it's when!

Here is a thread from when I did mine, if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM and I will help in anyway I can.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post