Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

HST Update Information

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
Scaryfast
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

HST Update Information

Hey guys, my Brother and I are considering taking my HST and updating it, building new molds, etc. If you could change your HST, how would you change it? We are looking at keeping it a "family-tuned race boat" where the focus would be on the racing aspect of it. If you want a family HydroStream, there are plenty of models that will do that better. This is intended to be a race boat that you can fit 3 or 4 into (yes we are considering making this a competitor to the Quartershot T-3, STV River Rocket, Mirage River Racer, and not so much a competitor to the STV Euro, Mirage Ski Racer or Allison Grand Sport).

I have a bunch of ideas already on how we can do that and how we would build it, but I thought I would go to the Owner's group and see about any pet peeves or suggestions you guys have that might improve it as well.

Thanks.

Sam Baker
Sam Baker
'91 HST Project with Some Sort of BRP Horsepower

JUPITER VALERO
Regular
Regular

Re: HST Update Information

Sam, I think what you're after is what Jim Tucker did with the AE-21. He took the HST race bottom and built a new top deck for the hull giving the boat more interior room and storage. The concave "Viper" styled topdeck and windscreen also gave more protection than the HST deck...
1991 Canadian Edition AE-21/Merc 2.5
1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100/under the knife
1994 Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri-SOLD
1988 Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175-SOLD

HST4ME
Regular
Regular

Never did like the ae 21 deck. The HST deck sans windsheild is way more sexy. HST's do need more overall lift from mid ship at medium speeds to lift in the rear at stupid speeds, and venting the raised section of the pad. I'll post some pics of what I have done to mine when it's cleaned up. Plus building them light is a huge plus. I hope you guys plan on a flange on the molds so they can be built using the infusion process.

rev.ronnie
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Kick the transom out back further. It would eliminate the need for a ton of jack plate and make the boat longer and more easily insurable.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
1990 HST / 260 EFI offshore
1991 Vaserette YT bowrider 200 Merc
1987 Venus XT/ 200 Yamaha
1983 Viper II 90 Merc. triple

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post